Using pancake mix for beer battered haddock

Quick cookery question.

My son made fish and chips at school on Friday and it was delicious. Unfortunately, it was stone cold as he'd had to go to the local hospital in between cooking it and bringing it home as he'd broken his wrist at lunch time. Despite the broken wrist, he wanted to make it for the whole family today. However, while I was out with the dogs this morning, my wife made pancakes for the kids for breakfast but didn't use the whole mix. My question is, can we use this and simply add some beer to it for the batter for the haddock? 

I've had a brief look on the internet and discovered that pancake mix is ok to use, with or without added beer, but no definite guide to ratio or amounts. There's a tad under three quarters of a pint (400ml) of the batter left.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.?

Mix the batter mix with a light fizzy beer or sparkling spring water. Dry the fish then coat in flour then into your batter mix. Use old chip oil in a sauce pan if you have that is heat to about 180 degrees cook till golden brown. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Arry said:

Mix the batter mix with a light fizzy beer or sparkling spring water. Dry the fish then coat in flour then into your batter mix. Use old chip oil in a sauce pan if you have that is heat to about 180 degrees cook till golden brown. 

Cheers Arry

Thanks Arry. That ought to do it.