David Knowles

The main lead was round leather , attached to the usual wide collar by a knot. Notice the big brass eyelets.  Handle you could adjust to fit tight on your wrist. When just walking the lead was stopped from slipping by the release end being held by 2 short bits of strong hose. When used as a slip these where, obviously pulled up and you held the 2 bits of lead together, releasing the short end to slip the dog. Sorry if description is not up to much ! Very simple idea but worked perfectly as both lead and slip. Well made out of very good leather. This one must be nearly 40 year old !

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small paperback book by Tony Diprose who i remember being on tv many years ago on a programme regarding lurchers and working dogs.

My old beddy bull grey bitch was that steady too?  No chance with this Wheaton X...few hrs walking it round on a lead/slip ...I need a few tramadol for the f***ing pain?

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

That's OK if ur lamping solo lamping off lead but if your out with other lads you have to keep on slips me personally always work on a slip lead ? 

Thought u had the whippet stood on your head 2 get it sighted 

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

That's OK if ur lamping solo lamping off lead but if your out with other lads you have to keep on slips me personally always work on a slip lead ? 

So you have to keep the dogs on slips if you’re out with other lads hey, well there’s dog men and then there’s men who keep dogs, atb

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Countryman62 said:

So you have to keep the dogs on slips if you’re out with other lads hey, well there’s dog men and then there’s men who keep dogs, atb

Can your dog stand and Watch another dog run and not go ? 

On 20/04/2022 at 18:57, Ferretman65 said:

Nothing Beats an old bit of rope or ur dad's tie lol ? 

Mate I remember my youth I was terrible for losing slip leads I can remember 1 night taking the lace out my brasher boot or the cord out tracksuits bottoms soon learn to carry 2 or a big ball of rope ?

• Like 1