David Knowles

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small paperback book by Tony Diprose who i remember being on tv many years ago on a programme regarding lurchers and working dogs.

My old beddy bull grey bitch was that steady too?  No chance with this Wheaton X...few hrs walking it round on a lead/slip ...I need a few tramadol for the f***ing pain?

Posted Images

On 22/04/2022 at 14:48, Ferretman65 said:

That's one of the dogs got killed on me one of the best hare killing dogs I've had hit a wire fence the same day that picture was taken the big fawn bitch 

20210624_195646.jpg

Looks a tidy dog Ferretman, bet the dog’s  left you with some good memories, atb

• Like 1
On 22/04/2022 at 14:04, TOMO said:

I've had a dog that I got to the standard of standing by my side whilst the other dog was running rabbits....took a few years to get there..

My old beddy bull grey bitch was that steady too? 

No chance with this Wheaton X...few hrs walking it round on a lead/slip ...I need a few tramadol for the f***ing pain?

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

No chance with this Wheaton X...few hrs walking it round on a lead/slip ...I need a few tramadol for the f***ing pain?

I like a head dropper I do ,gives u a long arm

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I told you she would be too strong  for you ?? 

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I had a bull x bitch the same but what use to really wind me up was she would howl and winge if I left her in the van whilst another dog had a run them start biting the window and door paneling but the howling was what really did really grind me and the pulling all the time when I brought her out to stop the howling a few runs did quieten her down but never fully 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I had a bull x bitch the same but what use to really wind me up was she would howl and winge if I left her in the van whilst another dog had a run them start biting the window and door paneling but the howling was what really did really grind me and the pulling all the time when I brought her out to stop the howling a few runs did quieten her down but never fully 

Mate had 1 like that so in our infinite wisdom we decided 2 let him run 1 or 2 hares 2 settle him down abit ,he was a fairly heavy 38 cross problem was he got super fit from keep doing that and needed more and more hares 2 sort him out ended up he was doing 12 minutes on the slop January killing 4s

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Mate had 1 like that so in our infinite wisdom we decided 2 let him run 1 or 2 hares 2 settle him down abit ,he was a fairly heavy 38 cross problem was he got super fit from keep doing that and needed more and more hares 2 sort him out ended up he was doing 12 minutes on the slop January killing 4s

I can see mchull now pestering you for a lining the constant pms are forth coming bn charge him top dollar though as your improving his line no end ? them slop trodders are getting some decent blood put  in them that will improve them no end ? so charge accordingly 

44 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I can see mchull now pestering you for a lining the constant pms are forth coming bn charge him top dollar though as your improving his line no end ? them slop trodders are getting some decent blood put  in them that will improve them no end ? so charge accordingly 

The bloods already in them ,they just pretend it never happened, bit like the bull blood in the terriers ?

3 minutes ago, McVey said:

At least you're honest, good man. ?

That's always the best way. hull keeps a very good yard and I like that big dog he has im sure hull would take something  out of his dog to a similar bred bitch if and when he wants something