David Knowles

On 28/03/2022 at 21:38, OldPhil said:

David was a nice guy,...I liked him a lot..?

I'll always remember, the smell of those neat little leather slip leads that he made...

I field tested them, for Shooting News and he sold loads,....I only bred cur dogs back then, and didn't really use a dog lead,...but so what...?

Have you got a pic of one of his leads Phil?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small paperback book by Tony Diprose who i remember being on tv many years ago on a programme regarding lurchers and working dogs.

My old beddy bull grey bitch was that steady too?  No chance with this Wheaton X...few hrs walking it round on a lead/slip ...I need a few tramadol for the f***ing pain?

Posted Images

On 15/04/2022 at 20:45, jeemes said:

Have you got a pic of one of his leads Phil?

Hi there,...yeah,..as I've stated, I liked David,.. he was a kind hearted soul, and back in those days, I really needed,.. a few folk like him...?

However, I was not really sold on Slip leads, as my rabbiting curs were pretty well schooled, so I just didn't use them very much...

All the best, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3
On 28/03/2022 at 21:38, OldPhil said:

David was a nice guy,...I liked him a lot..?

I'll always remember, the smell of those neat little leather slip leads that he made...

I field tested them, for Shooting News and he sold loads,....I only bred cur dogs back then, and didn't really use a dog lead,...but so what...?

Were the slip leads the type that threaded through a collar Phil, or were they self contained so the dog could run unhindered?

The slip leads, were basically, a wide Leather collar , with two separate eyelets. 

The thin leather circular lead, was knotted on one end of the collar, and the slack was threaded through the eyelet.

You held the lead, and as the dog pulled away, the complete set-up stayed gripped in your hand.

The dog could then run free,..no collar ..

My apologies for the poor description of what in truth was, a childishly simple idea,. but, it was 35 years ago?

Plus,...I am not good at describing such things....?

I'm sure that you canny guys can soon work out the principle....

All the best, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
34 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

The slip leads, were basically, a wide Leather collar , with two separate eyelets. 

The thin leather circular lead, was knotted on one end of the collar, and the slack was threaded through the eyelet.

You held the lead, and as the dog pulled away, the complete set-up stayed gripped in your hand.

My apologies for the poor description of what in truth was, a childishly simple idea,. but, it was 35 years ago?

All the best, OldPhil.?

pic16.jpg

I know this type of lead Phil, I've had an idea for another design, I'll make one up some time

• Like 1
14 hours ago, OldPhil said:

All the best, OldPhil.?

pic16.jpg

I used to own one similar ro that 

Click to reply, then click on add file, it will give you options like camera or my files etc click on the desired one and look through for picture then click on picture you want, should automatically load the click post, hope I've got this right and it's no the whisky talking ?

23 hours ago, OldPhil said:

All the best, OldPhil.?

pic16.jpg

Sorry only just seen this, thanks Phil

Edited by jeemes
  • Like 1