• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to feed ewes last night and found 2 healthy lambs me n kids are buzzing our fist lambs born ,    2 more ewes to lamb over the weekend 

2 more just getting a coffee then back out to check there up n feeding 

Our January babies are looking like proper little sheep now

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mole trapper said:

We start lambing mid April,  typically the first one due has gone lame as hell, tidied her feet up but she's still going around on her bloody knees.

One of last years bottle fed lambs that did not make the grade last year has gone lame ( a bit of foot rot ) I rung my vet and asked for some antibiotics but because its been one year and two weeks since they have seen my sheep they wanted me to pay £68 for a farm visit Monday to Friday,  or £94 on a weekend,  a farm visit i have 2 paddocks ,!! , I rung a mate of mine n got a jab for feck all 

4 hours ago, trigger2 said:

How come you have got plastic jackets on the lambs mate?

Just to keep them warm n dry for the first day or 2 they are all off now , they don't have a shed to get in if it pisses it down so they just offer a bit of protection,  pluss makes it easier to spot the littel buggers 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

Just to keep them warm n dry for the first day or 2 they are all off now , they don't have a shed to get in if it pisses it down so they just offer a bit of protection,  pluss makes it easier to spot the littel buggers 

I've never seen that before mate, it's a good idea. I got 3 pieces of tin sheeting and 4 8ft posts and 2 hurdles and put a temp pen up with some lorry sheeting on for the roof to put mine in for 24hours, ring them, put stockholme tar on them because I've got 2 active pig earths bordering the ground, then let them go. I may try some bags myself next year it would be easier.

10 hours ago, trigger2 said:

I've never seen that before mate, it's a good idea. I got 3 pieces of tin sheeting and 4 8ft posts and 2 hurdles and put a temp pen up with some lorry sheeting on for the roof to put mine in for 24hours, ring them, put stockholme tar on them because I've got 2 active pig earths bordering the ground, then let them go. I may try some bags myself next year it would be easier.

They only cheep but have to buy them in packs of 100 so I just pinch some of a shepherd mate of mine lamb macks they called , 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...