• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t live very far from Env it’s a massive set up they have I went in there just to buy a single Black Cat and they was really helpful and  good advise, the trap works superbly I placed mine in a f

He hasn't even got a computer, so he's hardly likely to have access to a Mac

The new black cat from env 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, patterdale said:

Its a waiting game...

IMG_20220626_184857.jpg

I’ve not bothered using a cable tie on my black cat  as an indication,as I still need to lift my cover , as the trap doesn’t always trigger , but the bait is gone .haven’t bothered putting one on my two like this , mine are under covers , I just lift and check if still baited and any freebies even taken , doesn’t seem to put them off …. But me and the dogs are in the area constantly so , if that doesn’t discourage them I can’t see me lifting a cover does ,7 kills . Slowed right down now and runs are becoming over grown so maybe got on top of them , still haven’t caught or seen a full grown adult 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Franks dad said:

I’ve not bothered using a cable tie on my black cat  as an indication,as I still need to lift my cover , as the trap doesn’t always trigger , but the bait is gone .haven’t bothered putting one on my two like this , mine are under covers , I just lift and check if still baited and any freebies even taken , doesn’t seem to put them off …. But me and the dogs are in the area constantly so , if that doesn’t discourage them I can’t see me lifting a cover does ,7 kills . Slowed right down now and runs are becoming over grown so maybe got on top of them , still haven’t caught or seen a full grown adult 

Ive only got ties on my boxes like this, same as you with the black cat but I have got a telescopic inspection mirror,cheap of EBay does make it a bit easier sometimes as long as the light is right to inspect without lifting box/cover off trap.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, patterdale said:

Ive only got ties on my boxes like this, same as you with the black cat but I have got a telescopic inspection mirror,cheap of EBay does make it a bit easier sometimes as long as the light is right to inspect without lifting box/cover off trap.

I was using them , but found them a pain in the ass to rethread because I was still checking bait so it was daily , it was nice when it had disappeared though ,  as you are more expectant of a catch , where as when I take a cover off with no indication,I still jump when there’s a dead one  in there ?

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Been hearing bad reports about the little black cat nano's . They are hitting rats but not killing em. The big BC's often catch em right between eyes and the nose, kills em but any further forward and it wouldn't....think the nano's are cutting their noses off. 

Mate keeps finding em dead near the trap surrounded by blood. This one was surrounded by blood but still alive, wedged itself behind the cupboard and took some getting out alive and angry

20221105_102217.jpg

20221105_101547.jpg

• Like 2