• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t live very far from Env it’s a massive set up they have I went in there just to buy a single Black Cat and they was really helpful and  good advise, the trap works superbly I placed mine in a f

He hasn't even got a computer, so he's hardly likely to have access to a Mac

The new black cat from env 

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, patterdale said:

Are those full size or nano BC?

What bait did you catch them on?

Full size. 

Apple, never tried it before. Caught 2 but had 2 traps with bait taken not sprung and 1 set off with no catch. Going back to my bakers fog biscuits 

• Like 2

Tried apple On a black  cat and two roshield traps for 5 days , nothing …. Went  back to liquorice allsort on black cat and one Crap trap , and peanut butter on other crap trap and peanut butter crap trap caught first night ?. Crap traps are out catching the black cat by far here ? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Because the apple is no longer there , another has come passed the deceased and taken it ? 

Yeah that's right. I always think that's a good sign, they aren't shy of the traps and you can catch em next time. You get it with squirrels, one in the trap and all the bait eaten, another squirrel has eaten the bait off its dead mates nose. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah that's right. I always think that's a good sign, they aren't shy of the traps and you can catch em next time. You get it with squirrels, one in the trap and all the bait eaten, another squirrel has eaten the bait off its dead mates nose. 

That’s really interesting, I always presumed that a trap going off and a corpse would signal to a rat that is a no go area for a while at least . Being they are so intelligent….  I’ve seen videos of them shying from baited traps for ages , not going straight in because there’s food like many mammals and birds would. But they will walk over their own , thinking cheers dude you sprung it now I’m taking it ??. Got to love but hate them …. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

That’s really interesting, I always presumed that a trap going off and a corpse would signal to a rat that is a no go area for a while at least . Being they are so intelligent….  I’ve seen videos of them shying from baited traps for ages , not going straight in because there’s food like many mammals and birds would. But they will walk over their own , thinking cheers dude you sprung it now I’m taking it ??. Got to love but hate them …. 

I think seeing and hearing the trap go off would spook one. But yeah you know there's a few more when you can clearly see the baits been eaten after the traps been sprung. I dont think a dead one in the trap spooks a rat or squirrel. I've often seen a dead caught rat that's been eaten in the trap, just a piece of skull and some skin left where their mates have eaten them. In fact I'd say that's really common in places with high infestation where they are competing for food. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Full size. 

Apple, never tried it before. Caught 2 but had 2 traps with bait taken not sprung and 1 set off with no catch. Going back to my bakers fog biscuits 

@DIDO.1Ive seen numerous videos on baiting the black cat,when you bait yours do you push the spike into the bait or just rest the bait underneath without piercing it?

What would you say is the perfect size height wise bait to place under trigger, with or without piercing it?

6 hours ago, patterdale said:

@DIDO.1Ive seen numerous videos on baiting the black cat,when you bait yours do you push the spike into the bait or just rest the bait underneath without piercing it?

What would you say is the perfect size height wise bait to place under trigger, with or without piercing it?

I use bakers dog biscuits. They are soft but firm biscuit. I push it fully on to the trigger 

92fca34c-248a-4026-a654-0f6d22feb294_730259714.jpeg

• Like 3