2 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

@patterdale unfortunately I nailed a hedgehog with a much smaller hole than that cut out you have on the bucket after that incident I revised and made the hole much smaller, bait wise I used a circle of apple under the arm with a Smidge of honey and I sprinkled a shreddie all over it, like you say you wouldn’t want an accident with one very powerful. 

@FLATTOPGood point I'll go and tape the hole up that I made to a much smaller one,I wouldnt want a unwanted kill.

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t live very far from Env it’s a massive set up they have I went in there just to buy a single Black Cat and they was really helpful and  good advise, the trap works superbly I placed mine in a f

He hasn't even got a computer, so he's hardly likely to have access to a Mac

The new black cat from env 

Posted Images

@FLATTOPGood job I watched Blue Peter as a child,I got out my cardboard,scissors,pvc tape and altered the bucket to this.....The hole looks much larger in the pictures,its actually the size of a muller rice tub top.The time stamp on the pictures is an hour behind,just adjusted it now.All thats needed now is to get some rats.

DSCN0044.JPG

DSCN0048.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

• Like 1

That is a very neat job they won’t want to move out once they get in there lol, good luck with getting them it becomes obsessive I was continuously trapping them and on standby with my air rifle I got the buggers though for now anyway.

• Like 1
On 31/03/2022 at 07:17, DIDO.1 said:

I use bakers soft dog biscuits on the trigger. The key is in the freebies that you put in the dish of the trap, once they have taken them they will lift the trigger confidently 

I use arma mesh boilie mesh, you can make a nice small trigger bait from virtually anything, oats, granola etc. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

That is a very neat job they won’t want to move out once they get in there lol, good luck with getting them it becomes obsessive I was continuously trapping them and on standby with my air rifle I got the buggers though for now anyway.

Cheers @FLATTOPI do like to do a tidy job,no matter what it is.I've changed the bait today,gone for the sweet option.Under the trigger I've put a piece of salted caramel bar and in the bait bowl from my breakfast some golden syrup porridge.

I'm going to leave it alone now and monitor/check it daily,what I have ordered off Ebay is a telescopic inspection mirror so I can check if any bait has been taken without disturbing anything or transmitting any human scent,I do always wear gloves when trapping.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Put a wee hole on top of bucket(actually the bottom?) an then a cable tie to kill bar an when traps set threat cable up so it sticks out top of bucket, when kill bar drops the cable tie won’t be stuck out no more, if that makes sense ?

You must have read my mind,I was thinking about that this morning,but then I'd be singing..I've a hole in my bucket, dear Katchum....

• Haha 1

Just been talking to someone on here about prices of bc's.... If you only want odd ones then pest control direct do them with fair postage. 10 pound odd for single traps but only 3.50 postage so it makes em affordable 

WWW.PESTCONTROLDIRECT.CO.UK

Black cat rat trap, a very powerful rat catch trap to deal with rodents indoors. Can be used in...

• Like 2
On 06/04/2022 at 21:36, DIDO.1 said:

Just been talking to someone on here about prices of bc's.... If you only want odd ones then pest control direct do them with fair postage. 10 pound odd for single traps but only 3.50 postage so it makes em affordable 

WWW.PESTCONTROLDIRECT.CO.UK

Black cat rat trap, a very powerful rat catch trap to deal with rodents indoors. Can be used in...

@DIDO.1Cheers for that,I'll remember that for future purchases.

• 1 month later...

Not really getting any catches with this Black Cat Trap,defiantly got activity something's been having a nibble at the dog treat topped with peanut butter,I know its a rat caught it going into bucket with my trail cam and the knaw marks its left on bait.

Bucket and trap been in position for a while now so they're definitely not neophobic.

Any ideas why I'm not catching?

• Like 1

You say you are getting small nibbles on the dog treat, you may find that if you break up some dog treats and scatter them in the well with the trigger/baithook, maybe even on the floor around the trap and outside your bucket cover. Don’t use too much or too big pieces your gaining its confidence not trying to make it fat. Use too much loose bait and it will take it away to cache and will take longer to come back for the jackpot piece.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, patterdale said:

Not really getting any catches with this Black Cat Trap,defiantly got activity something's been having a nibble at the dog treat topped with peanut butter,I know its a rat caught it going into bucket with my trail cam and the knaw marks its left on bait.

Bucket and trap been in position for a while now so they're definitely not neophobic.

Any ideas why I'm not catching?

Same problem with my black cat …. Taking the trigger bait (cheese chunk , mars bars chunk )  and free small bits placed around the trigger in the bowl , but not triggering(lifting  the pin ) ..maybe mine are tearing it off ….. ? 
getting young with the crap trap though right next to it …. Any ideas why this one died ? Thought it would have chewed it’s paw off ? Was only in the trap for 8 hrs maximum between checks 

798CD9F1-ABD3-4636-8798-0A459004D885.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, talpa said:

You say you are getting small nibbles on the dog treat, you may find that if you break up some dog treats and scatter them in the well with the trigger/baithook, maybe even on the floor around the trap and outside your bucket cover. Don’t use too much or too big pieces your gaining its confidence not trying to make it fat. Use too much loose bait and it will take it away to cache and will take longer to come back for the jackpot piece.

Yes I've baited the trap well with a smearing of peanut butter that has been taken.To be honest when I bought the trap I was well impressed,I still am by its design and build but having doubts about the trigger mechanism.

Does it all come down too the size and height of your bait for the rat to lift the trigger?

Thinking of going back to my victor and roshield traps.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, patterdale said:

Yes I've baited the trap well with a smearing of peanut butter that has been taken.To be honest when I bought the trap I was well impressed,I still am by its design and build but having doubts about the trigger mechanism.

Does it all come down too the size and height of your bait for the rat to lift the trigger?

Thinking of going back to my victor and roshield traps.

That’s what I’m thinking,am I baiting the trigger wrong ?but I’m Sure on the instructions  it says Put the bait (approximately 15mm )under the trigger which is what I’ve done 

Edited by Franks dad
4 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

That’s what I’m thinking,am I baiting the trigger wrong ?but I’m Sure on the instructions  it says Put the bait approximately 15mm under the trigger which is what I’ve done 

I didn't have instructions with mine,bought it off 1env pest control.

Any chance you could put instructions on here please or possibly message me them?

34 minutes ago, patterdale said:

I didn't have instructions with mine,bought it off 1env pest control.

Any chance you could put instructions on here please or possibly message me them?

Dont worry about the instructions thanks,I've just watched some YouTube videos on baiting,I'm doing it right just going to try a liquorice allsort next.

Have a look on YouTube....Pest interceptors,couple of videos on the black cat trap.

• Like 1