Using lurchers for other jobs?

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Do you actually read what you write ? Not being a dick, it at least not trying to be! But I’m not the only one who takes what you say in the way I do.

No one has been talking about getting dogs / pups / linings off lads who graft them vs off lads who catch a couple rabbits a week or keep jackers. That literally was never part of this conversation. 

You’ve said it time and time again, that these lads are some kind of hardcore working dog heros, testing their charges to the max, bagging loads of gear and keeping the best blood lines going. 

That by being inclined to be an absolute c*nt you are therefore working your dog hard. 

That is exactly what you have been saying.

You seem to struggle with the idea that the vast majority of lads ‘that way inclined’, keep absolute shite, cause mayhem, don’t catch that much in reality and pass dogs about like a cheap whore or just dump them. We’ve got first hand experience of this week in week out. I’ve rehomed two injured dogs in the last couple of weeks. It’s just tedious. 

I apologise if it’s me getting the wrong end of the stick, but I don’t think I am.

Your in no position to be giving moral sermons mate so honestly , just don’t . 

where have I said any thing like what you are insinuating ?? 

I know exactly what I write mate and nowhere is this more perplexing than with you . 
there are some very very short sighted people here.  Lurcher owners by and large aren’t exactly the nicest people you meet are they ? 
let’s have it f***ing right .

You work around stock , I understand that , you see these things daily ….I sympathise with you , it must place you in a difficult place knowing that  the lads who owned the grand parents to your runners are the exact same type of people . I get it , it must be hard to swallow but if things aren’t happening in your part of the country , it doesn’t affect you does it . ??

How  about maybe seeing you soon and we can chat about it like proper men rather than acting like keyboard oiks. ?

so I’ll ask you to highlight any where I have said that these people are heroes as opposed to “at least they are getting some stuff in front of the dog “ 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Levigsp,.. yes, I like to use a lurcher for as many different tasks, as I can,...possibly I am just a bit mean, and want my money's worth?    

Yes but only on command. She'll sit under a high seat and watch deer for hours but if we are tracking a wounded one and it gets up in front of us I can ask her to pull it. The indicating is the best b

?Never thought I would say it,. or even think in such a way,...but nowadays, I don't really care, if a dog is good at the job or not. Financially, my status has changed a bit,...not drastically,

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Do you actually read what you write ? Not being a dick, it at least not trying to be! But I’m not the only one who takes what you say in the way I do.

No one has been talking about getting dogs / pups / linings off lads who graft them vs off lads who catch a couple rabbits a week or keep jackers. That literally was never part of this conversation. 

You’ve said it time and time again, that these lads are some kind of hardcore working dog heros, testing their charges to the max, bagging loads of gear and keeping the best blood lines going. 

That by being inclined to be an absolute c*nt you are therefore working your dog hard. 

That is exactly what you have been saying.

You seem to struggle with the idea that the vast majority of lads ‘that way inclined’, keep absolute shite, cause mayhem, don’t catch that much in reality and pass dogs about like a cheap whore or just dump them. We’ve got first hand experience of this week in week out. I’ve rehomed two injured dogs in the last couple of weeks. It’s just tedious. 

I apologise if it’s me getting the wrong end of the stick, but I don’t think I am.

you can guarantee the ones dumped won’t be up to the standard lads want they won’t dump a 3/3 dog mate some that a brutal and don’t give a f**k always have proper dogs in the kennel 

me personally i’d rather try rehomd or pts maybe that’s been a bit soft i don’t know ? 

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Your in no position to be giving moral sermons mate so honestly , just don’t . 

where have I said any thing like what you are insinuating ?? 

I know exactly what I write mate and nowhere is this more perplexing than with you . 
there are some very very short sighted people here.  Lurcher owners by and large aren’t exactly the nicest people you meet are they ? 
let’s have it f***ing right .

You work around stock , I understand that , you see these things daily ….I sympathise with you , it must place you in a difficult place knowing that  the lads who owned the grand parents to your runners are the exact same type of people . I get it , it must be hard to swallow but if things aren’t happening in your part of the country , it doesn’t affect you does it . ??

How  about maybe seeing you soon and we can chat about it like proper men rather than acting like keyboard oiks. ?

so I’ll ask you to highlight any where I have said that these people are heroes as opposed to “at least they are getting some stuff in front of the dog “ 

Ok so here goes ....... but I don’t think we will ever get anywhere.....

Do you actually know what kind of people we are discussing ? 

So the folk who bred the lines of my dogs, bought a dog or three off the internet, took it out, rammed a load of fences, nicked  a few bits,  doughnuted around the fields with their mates in three or four jeeps, maybe ran a hare or two over, then when the dog cut it’s foot, chucked it out of the motor on the way home in the nearest pub carpark and then fecked off...... interesting, I didn’t know that! 

I think we may well be talking about totally different people / types of people if im honest.

You just keep going on about testing dogs and putting game in front of them etc. But to be honest the main motivation for the lads we have here is to create chaos, break stuff and get a chase off the police and keepers. They love that bit, not the hunting. They might film it for tik tok if they do manage to catch something lol. 

I know plenty of folk who drive the land, poach f**k out of where they like, and I’m not exactly whiter than white lol. I see some good dogs and I’m lucky to be blessed with where I hunt and the amount of game. I don’t need to drive and would burn any dog out before I ran out of stuff to run. Each to their own, how they go about putting gear in front of their dogs, not everyone is that lucky. But what I’m trying to say is that the folk I’m talking about don’t really give a f**k about lines of dogs, good runs or catching much, they just love acting like c**ts. Some don’t even have a dog with them! 

So I think maybe we are talking about a different sort of person! 

I can't understand why someone would dump a dog in a pub car park ? Surely there would be cctv in pub car parks ?

If they are that callous , why not just leave the dog in the field ?

Maybe these dumped dogs are stolen, then found not to be any use, so are dumped ?

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you can guarantee the ones dumped won’t be up to the standard lads want they won’t dump a 3/3 dog mate some that a brutal and don’t give a f**k always have proper dogs in the kennel 

me personally i’d rather try rehomd or pts maybe that’s been a bit soft i don’t know ? 

Mate, some of these lads wouldn’t know a good dog if it bit them lol. 

And they don’t have proper anything in their kennel ? 

Some of them are just shit houses and bolt and leave the dog soon as they are anyone, some of the dogs have been stolen. Others are the usual 5 homes by 2 year old, nervy as f**k, taken straight out and run and left when it won’t come back, and the dumped ones are usually injured in some way. Trust me these ain’t coursing men, they are just muppets. Best dog I’ve had left was a pure saluki import, left running a hare in the field when the keeper drove up to have a chat. I got it back to its owner - it was his son and mates who’s taken the dog without asking and then left it when they shat themselves! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I can't understand why someone would dump a dog in a pub car park ? Surely there would be cctv in pub car parks ?

Maybe these dumped dogs are stolen, then found not to be any use, so are dumped ?

Cheers.

Rural pub mate, deffo no cctv. The village is very small, maybe they pass the pub, maybe they park there. f**k knows, all I know is last two weeks I’ve picked up two coursing dogs - one hiding behind the bins with a bust toe and swollen foot, which I got right and rehomed and one with a nasty cut on its front leg, which took about ten days to catch, kept moving between folks gardens, our calving paddocks (eating the after birth) and the pub car park.  Anything like that I’m always the one who gets the call and tries to get them sorted before they get shot or go to the rspca.

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

that’s normally what happens isn’t it mate if they are no good they need outing that’s the cold hard truth  

left on land or threw in a garden on posh house normally id feel a c**t id rather pts say it’s tried knacking me a few times best way 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Rural pub mate, deffo no cctv. The village is very small, maybe they pass the pub, maybe they park there. f**k knows, all I know is last two weeks I’ve picked up two coursing dogs - one hiding behind the bins with a bust toe and swollen foot, which I got right and rehomed and one with a nasty cut on its front leg, which took about ten days to catch, kept moving between folks gardens, our calving paddocks (eating the after birth) and the pub car park.  Anything like that I’m always the one who gets the call and tries to get them sorted before they get shot or go to the rspca.

Maybe they were left in the field and made their way to somewhere they might get a feed, who knows......c**ts trick either way.

Id rather shoot a dog myself than dump it.

Cheers.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Maybe they were left in the field and made their way to somewhere they might get a feed, who knows......c**ts trick either way.

Id rather shoot a dog myself than dump it.

Cheers.

Could well be mate. I’m a soft touch so usually try to get them right then find a working or pet home depending on the dog. 

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

you talk some shite ? 

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Mate , I actually think your funny until you go full three sheets to the wind angry. 

gallelio is here to stay mate , it ain’t going away . No one doesn’t give a f**k unless they can take a squeeze , which is exactly what I’m saying 

I get what you're saying now stiff ..but to many ... Part and parcel of the game unfortunately ?

As for quoting chunk above you...

?.

On 04/04/2022 at 20:11, stop.end said:

I get what you're saying now stiff ..but to many ... Part and parcel of the game unfortunately ?

As for quoting chunk above you...

?.

i don’t even need to know you to know your a bubbling piss head who talks absolute shite 

This dogs other job is a comedian.

I've never owned a dog in 55 years that makes me laugh so much....

From her vocal yodelling when trying to 'talk' to us, to the pure stupidity and antics around the house and those daft looks we get...

Mabel, you really have won me over...

IMG-20220407-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20220407-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220407-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220407-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20220407-WA0005.jpg

? IF, you like a dog,..it will invariably be, a good dog....?

In saying that,..my best ever 'catch dog' was a bitch named Mercedes,...I disliked her attitude, and we never really jelled until she was well into her dotage....

It was never her fault, mine entirely....I was a fool...?

I reckon you will be a lot wiser, and will have some grand old times...?

• Like 5