Using lurchers for other jobs?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Levigsp,.. yes, I like to use a lurcher for as many different tasks, as I can,...possibly I am just a bit mean, and want my money's worth?    

Yes but only on command. She'll sit under a high seat and watch deer for hours but if we are tracking a wounded one and it gets up in front of us I can ask her to pull it. The indicating is the best b

?Never thought I would say it,. or even think in such a way,...but nowadays, I don't really care, if a dog is good at the job or not. Financially, my status has changed a bit,...not drastically,

Posted Images

It's not rocket science, if your doing something the law deems illegal, but it's in your DNA and you actually enjoy it keep on keeping on, minimise your chances of capture, and if or when it comes on top then take it on the chin, you have a lot of time to think lying in a cell. 

Recriminations are a bit late at this stage to dish out,the game has altered unequivocally in the past few decades, there's no turning the clock back, accept that and keep playing your own personal version. 

• Like 7

Laws aren't always rigid, they can be flexible according to personal interpretation, some are like egg-shells, meant to be broken, and sometimes you have to break a few eggs if you want an omelette ??

• Like 1

Does make me ? ? ? when you get lads on here defending all of these f***ing muppets, as if they are the Lurcher world version of Robin Hood. 

Let’s be honest there is a monumental difference between a dog man and a cretin with a dog.

Its not about class or anything like that. 

And these idiots make it a lot harder for everyone else who walks the dodgy path and jumps a few fences. 

We have a lovely spot local for a bit of bushing, plenty of rabbits, good cover, you don’t catch many but it’s great sport. Some of the locals have been going for years and enjoying it, not causing any bother. However it’s a public place and last few months it’s been visited by gangs of 10-15 lads with a rabble of uncontrollable dogs, on Saturday and Sunday’s when it’s busy with the public, their dogs piling into random peoples dogs, then shouting and swearing at folk, firing catapults at everything including people and dogs and generally making a load brash nuisance of themselves. And not really catching much at all. 

The result ? There is now a wildlife officer stationed up there on watch and no one can go and hunt it anymore without a load of hassle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
43 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Does make me ? ? ? when you get lads on here defending all of these f***ing muppets, as if they are the Lurcher world version of Robin Hood. 

Let’s be honest there is a monumental difference between a dog man and a cretin with a dog.

And these idiots make it a lot harder for everyone else who walks the dodgy path and jumps a few fences. 

We have a lovely spot local for a bit of bushing, plenty of rabbits, good cover, you don’t catch many but it’s great sport. Some of the locals have been going for years and enjoying it, not causing any bother. However it’s a public place and last few months it’s been visited by gangs of 10-15 lads with a rabble of uncontrollable dogs, on Saturday and Sunday’s when it’s busy with the public, their dogs piling into random peoples dogs, then shouting and swearing at folk, firing catapults at everything including people and dogs and generally making a load brash nuisance of themselves. And not really catching much at all. 

The result ? There is now a wildlife officer stationed up there on watch and no one can go and hunt it anymore without a load of hassle. 

The wildlife orifice soon get fed up 

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Shame that mate, such places not easy to find. ?

13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Threads actually comedy gold with hypocrisy ???

have to ask. What’s your bone to pick with the subject anyway? 

whenever it comes to this topic either yourself or wilf usually jump on it with outrageous comments. 

I just find it odd as neither of you work dogs and by all accounts haven’t for some time. 

if the pair of you were so staunchly adamant this was the way to conduct yourself and the best way forward, surely you would be bang at it yourself no? 

Normally enjoy both your posts, but whenever the subject of driving land, dumping game, terrorising farmers and general parasitic behaviour comes up I cringe because i know one of you will be along shortly. It’s not a devils advocate type things, there more than that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4