Personally i clean out there droppings every evening and completely clean out the hutch once a week and then also give it a hutch cleaner spray .  They have to work for a living , but are looked after extremely well !

• Like 3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must confess, I like the smell of ferrets, especially on clean sawdust, and laying comfortably, in their soft straw bedding...  When I was in Secondary School, I always handled my ferrets befor

You could put an arch over the cages and grow jasmine but it will probably smell like jasmine cross ferret. The ferret smell doesn't bother me if they're cleaned often, their shit doesn't smell as bad

Personally i clean out there droppings every evening and completely clean out the hutch once a week and then also give it a hutch cleaner spray .  They have to work for a living , but are looked after

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, The one said:

a bigger area run must help the smells escape ?.

I've never liked the idea of hutches mine have always been in converted sheds or chicken coops hate working at people's houses and seeing rabbits stuck in hutches that usualy never come out of it 

• Like 2

I must confess, I like the smell of ferrets, especially on clean sawdust, and laying comfortably, in their soft straw bedding... 

When I was in Secondary School, I always handled my ferrets before setting off for the day,...and once in class,.. I noticed that very few  pals wanted to sit next to me.

Several pupils would moan and complain to the Teacher, "He stinks Sir"...?.

I couldn't understand their problem?

Oh yes,...I like the smell of ferrets....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, James broom 1994 said:

The chicken coop hasn't held up so well today just got in and they've literally broken out, put some food out hopefully they don't go far it's not the first time these two have escaped 

20220331_171610.jpg

Shit, hope you get them back soon mate.

40 minutes ago, James broom 1994 said:

Both back no idea where they go but they've gotten out a few times now and have got themselves back 

Good one. My mate had a jill he used to let out every afternoon and it would walk the 1acre boundary fence then get back in it's cage. I don't think I'd be that lucky. I did have an old hob that would do a warren, or blackberry patch thoroughly and get back in his carry box, I had to put him down at 9 due to cancer, I miss "Grim".

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 2
On 31/03/2022 at 14:43, OldPhil said:

I must confess, I like the smell of ferrets, especially on clean sawdust, and laying comfortably, in their soft straw bedding... 

When I was in Secondary School, I always handled my ferrets before setting off for the day,...and once in class,.. I noticed that very few  pals wanted to sit next to me.

PICT0102x.JPG

That's an odd colour Phil two Different colours on its legs

• Like 1
On 31/03/2022 at 14:43, OldPhil said:

PICT0102x.JPG

Evening Phil, that’s the type I found I liked to work with the most. Cracking ferret in fine fettle.  

that type round here is rare to see these days, all the best ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Guss33 said:

I have to say keeping them in the lounge room can be a problem if they go up the chimney the white ferrets come back as polecats. 

930968CE-2B4D-4397-B028-248DC98940DC.jpeg

Looks like they've eaten the owner, lol. Gus, does your mate know there's a housing shortage atm.