Another fatality by a house pet

12 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont know about the other breeds but i always feel sorry for Apbt's put in the pressurised day to day constraints of household,family pet dog life its not fair all ways round.

spot on gnash,  any breed can do damage t a child or young person, just watch average size collie type dog, 23in 40lb thats not over big dog crunch a good size  beef marrow bone , never mind a child's face , bloody hell my big lurcher Buck , cracks them bones and eats the bloody things , he daft as brush with people/ kids and dogs, but he ever tried to bite a person  he do massive damage. i tell what few years back , i told you gnash , about a bloke who got a bulldog= apbt   he thought it was just leggy x staff, but i knew it was  pure pit.  well its temp was ok young dog not switched on yet, and it was playing with  Buck, well this dog no more say 50lb, was bloody strong dog, he was Buck like a bomb grabbing him wrestling etc , Buck was throwing him about, but this young dog  kept keep coming back none stop, it wore Buck out he was fooked lol , but i knew what  bull breeds can do, being brought up with them in the 60s. it only takes a second  and a  any dog can bite and  could kill a child , but a dog like this young pit , a child got no chance , we had staffs some were like apbts of to day leggy agile, but ours never came in the house they were kept in a kennel/ run  out of the way, and thats in my opinion  were dogs should be kept, if you want a good watch dog  get good old type jack x mongrel   stick them out side nobody get by your property ."  

• Like 1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what happens when you breed for colour,shape or size...what sort of cnut breeds,owns then passes on such a f***ing liability? Should start charging the parents with neglect charges etc..send t

Terrible better of with a whippet 

Well the little whippet slept all night last night not a noise!  been screeching at night last 2 nights barely slept she ain’t messed in the house once which is good being that she was born and reared

Posted Images

10 hours ago, bird said:

spot on gnash,  any breed can do damage t a child or young person, just watch average size collie type dog, 23in 40lb thats not over big dog crunch a good size  beef marrow bone , never mind a child's face , bloody hell my big lurcher Buck , cracks them bones and eats the bloody things , he daft as brush with people/ kids and dogs, but he ever tried to bite a person  he do massive damage. i tell what few years back , i told you gnash , about a bloke who got a bulldog= apbt   he thought it was just leggy x staff, but i knew it was  pure pit.  well its temp was ok young dog not switched on yet, and it was playing with  Buck, well this dog no more say 50lb, was bloody strong dog, he was Buck like a bomb grabbing him wrestling etc , Buck was throwing him about, but this young dog  kept keep coming back none stop, it wore Buck out he was fooked lol , but i knew what  bull breeds can do, being brought up with them in the 60s. it only takes a second  and a  any dog can bite and  could kill a child , but a dog like this young pit , a child got no chance , we had staffs some were like apbts of to day leggy agile, but ours never came in the house they were kept in a kennel/ run  out of the way, and thats in my opinion  were dogs should be kept, if you want a good watch dog  get good old type jack x mongrel   stick them out side nobody get by your property ."  

I always said a dog bites hard because it wants to bite hard size doesnt really come into it in my opinion.......with a 140 lb half hearted Rottweiller attached to my arm id still feel i had half a chance,with a 32 lb intense focused pit bull attached to my arm id have no chance.....i agree some dogs are just not suited to indoor family life.

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I always said a dog bites hard because it wants to bite hard size doesnt really come into it in my opinion.......with a 140 lb half hearted Rottweiller attached to my arm id still feel i had half a chance,with a 32 lb intense focused pit bull attached to my arm id have no chance.....i agree some dogs are just not suited to indoor family life.

A lad I know was attacked by a pit bull a few years ago, he’s not a soft touch by any stretch but was being dragged around easily it ripped all the tendons out his arm and removed a massive amount of flesh someone threw him a large kitchen knife and he stabbed it which just made it even worse in the end he stuck it around 17 times before it actually stopped and dropped dead, he’s left with very little use in the one arm and still having treatment on it years later ?

• Sad 1
36 minutes ago, Greyman said:

A lad I know was attacked by a pit bull a few years ago, he’s not a soft touch by any stretch but was being dragged around easily it ripped all the tendons out his arm and removed a massive amount of flesh someone threw him a large kitchen knife and he stabbed it which just made it even worse in the end he stuck it around 17 times before it actually stopped and dropped dead, he’s left with very little use in the one arm and still having treatment on it years later ?

Thats terrible....shame..... had a few encounters myself,microsurgery on my hand,few bits of stitches on arms and legs usually been my own fault but was also present at a very nasty incident involving a well known sporting dog back years ago when someone got badly hurt there was 3 of us who could literally do nothing the dog just kept coming at all of us,sadly the chap took some life changing injuries.......yep,rough dogs mate.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats terrible....shame..... had a few encounters myself,microsurgery on my hand,few bits of stitches on arms and legs usually been my own fault but was also present at a very nasty incident involving a well known sporting dog back years ago when someone got badly hurt there was 3 of us who could literally do nothing the dog just kept coming at all of us,sadly the chap took some life changing injuries.......yep,rough dogs mate.

That actually gave me a shiver reading that . 

ill never forget that one little girl in Liverpool a few years ago  , who was left  with her nana to babysit when her uncles dog turned on her . I remember reading that it had actually separated parts from her tiny body . 

what chance would a frail old woman stand of removing that from her grand daughters neck when you read that post of yours ? 

what an absolute horror story . 

what the f**k are people thinking having them in the house ?? 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

ill never forget that one little girl in Liverpool a few years ago  , who was left  with her nana to babysit when her uncles dog turned on her . I remember reading that it had actually separated parts from her tiny body . 

what chance would a frail old woman stand of removing that from her grand daughters neck when you read that post of yours ? 

What gives me shivers is the fact that dog not only sired some very good sporting dogs but also sired dogs that went into family pet homes.....even though the whole line was renowned for being manny !

Dont get me wrong theres good knowledgeable folk that have and do keep the breed as pets without issues....but its a needless risk in my opinion.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What gives me shivers is the fact that dog not only sired some very good sporting dogs but also sired dogs that went into family pet homes.....even though the whole line was renowned for being manny !

Dont get me wrong theres good knowledgeable folk that have and do keep the breed as pets without issues....but its a needless risk in my opinion.

Nelis bred dog by any chance Gnash?

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Ban dogs where the craze down here a few years ago and a few became man biters. A girl a few streets away got ragged around by one, she went from being a pretty girl to looking like Freddie kruger. That dog was knifed while shaking her and one blade even snapped in it but it didn't stop.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A woman was saved from the jaws of a bull mastiff by a man who stabbed the dog to death...
15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Biggest reputation for it and the dog above was nelis bred (apparently) on the bull side 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Indeed it was mate yes....i loved the line from a breeding and sporting perspective,but those big black nostrils and piercing little orange eyes still give me the f****n horrors !

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Indeed it was mate yes....i loved the line from a breeding and sporting perspective,but those big black nostrils and piercing little orange eyes still give me the f****n horrors !

My pal was very involed with East end kennels back in the day and said all them fuckers would do you if you caught them having a bad day and most of them would even on a good day.

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

They're thinking they look hard; look at the young lad down here that was mauled in a caravan.no reason to own the dig and it was already a proven liability 

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

a jack russel isn’t going to be capable of the damage a rottie bull terrier is that’s just common sense

and a bull terrier when it turns it doesn’t switch off easily 

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a jack russel isn’t going to be capable of the damage a rottie bull terrier is that’s just common sense

and a bull terrier when it turns it doesn’t switch off easily 

ok

39 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You ever come across a pair of apbt back in the 80s they were called yank and Nancy dog and bitch a lad I knew owned them and they were claimed to be the first genuine pair brought in from America paid a lot of money for them back then and the pups were going for a fortune