Ferret snip

4 minutes ago, ferret lady said:

It's best to wait at least 6 weeks before allowing a vasectomized hob to breed as there can be residual sperm.  

I didn't know that thanks,that's a long wait 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOW words fail me ……

As a footnote people like you bangers are dangerous on sites like this as youngsters and people starting out could well believe the shit you spout and end up damaging or killing their animals.  And

I keep my vasectomised hob in with the Jill’s all year round, he doesn’t bother them that much to be honest, when he’s done a cage full I move him down into the next cage, where as hobs that are house

Posted Images

5 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I didn't know that thanks,that's a long wait 

Its best to wait 6 weeks to let him empty his tank , then try him on one jill wait another 6 weeks to see if she produces kits if no then its safe to let him loose on more jills 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Wideboy said:

3 or 4 weeks, you’ll be sound 

The sooner the better cause he's gone fairly wild the last few weeks,drew blood on the daughters hand last night,he uses a litter box and the last two weeks he's turned it upside down and ran riot in his box ,he's a good few yards from the Jill's in another yard be he can smell them,he's a bit unpredictable compared to his usual calm self,and he's a fairly large and robust job so it'd be better if he didn't give ye a " playful " nip

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuk that, iv had loads a hobs here with Jill’s in season, a couple foot apart an of one bites any of us it will be there last bite, fcuk sticking my arm up a dark tube to a wrestling hob that’s drew blood ?? I can honestly say mine are like kittens all year, I got one here just now that has been living wild for god knows how long, wasn’t born there tho as he tame as a tabby cat, but even he won’t nip or bite an he got 3 hormonal jills as neighbours 

In his defense,it was not a bad tempered bite,but a snap,as soon as she yelped he left go,he's the tamest feller usually,he's very playful and would never hurt ye under normal circumstances,he's like most men ,he's in need of an oul jump lol....she has him in every day in her room playing with him alone but she did say he's a little tougher to deal with since the Jill's are in season,he has a big skull so if he did bite with vengeance he'd make ye sing soprano with ease lol...

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Went on the advice the vet gave us?

I put him ove the one Jill before his op, so I can keep 2 entire hobs for when I need to breed replacement's?

Reading on here I had it 6 weeks,I never spoke to the vet as the daughter went for me,the sooner he gets his leg over the better for us all

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Reading on here I had it 6 weeks,I never spoke to the vet as the daughter went for me,the sooner he gets his leg over the better for us all

How much love muck would they still have left? One shot max?get him in there,as long as his stitches are out he be sound?

• Like 2