Ferret snip

We keep 3 Jill's and a job here,and as the time of year it is the Jill's are in full heat,and we've the job in a different section of the yard in a separate cage,but fuk me the poor b*****d is demented,he's slowly dismantling the cage front,...he was booked in for the snip last week but we all got COVID so it's been postponed till next week,and then it takes 2 weeks before he's ready to be let loose on the ladies,it can't happen soon enough,the noise of him rattling and pulling on the cage is never ending,he's frustrated the poor fecker,is there anything that can relax him,....I expect not

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOW words fail me ……

As a footnote people like you bangers are dangerous on sites like this as youngsters and people starting out could well believe the shit you spout and end up damaging or killing their animals.  And

I keep my vasectomised hob in with the Jill’s all year round, he doesn’t bother them that much to be honest, when he’s done a cage full I move him down into the next cage, where as hobs that are house

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Had my hob done yesterday,first time they had done a ferret..only payed £98 and think £20 for pain relief ?

Christ it's  60 quid here to get it done,all in

• Like 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Be careful, my pal got his done an I used it on 3 Jill’s years back, then he used it on 3 an lent it to a guy who was using it over a few, all went to plan till mine dropped there kitts ☹️??

I tell ye,I wouldn't give a toss ifhe impregnated the lot of the Jill's,the daughter has her mind made up,NO kits ever....

Edited by jigsaw
9 hours ago, jigsaw said:

We keep 3 Jill's and a job here,and as the time of year it is the Jill's are in full heat,and we've the job in a different section of the yard in a separate cage,but fuk me the poor b*****d is demented,he's slowly dismantling the cage front,...he was booked in for the snip last week but we all got COVID so it's been postponed till next week,and then it takes 2 weeks before he's ready to be let loose on the ladies,it can't happen soon enough,the noise of him rattling and pulling on the cage is never ending,he's frustrated the poor fecker,is there anything that can relax him,....I expect not

I keep my vasectomised hob in with the Jill’s all year round, he doesn’t bother them that much to be honest, when he’s done a cage full I move him down into the next cage, where as hobs that are housed separately seem more manic if that makes sence 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, neil b said:

I keep my vasectomised hob in with the Jill’s all year round, he doesn’t bother them that much to be honest, when he’s done a cage full I move him down into the next cage, where as hobs that are housed separately seem more manic if that makes sence 

Is there a vets by yours snips them Neil and if so how much?

6 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Christ it's  60 quid here to get it done,all in

Cheapest round me was £280?..found a young vet ,she had never done it before,and offered to do it for £98...I thought that was very reasonable...I expect now she's done her first,the price will rocket ??

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a young job done earlier this year. £70 for the op and £30 for the tubes to be sent to the lab to confirm they’d cut out the right bits . Not sure what would have happened if it came back they’d cut the wrong bits or even what the wrong bits could be!!! Anyway all well and he is currently doing the business with the girls so will post if any kits get dropped 

On 29/03/2022 at 20:40, Mouldiwarp said:

Had a young job done earlier this year. £70 for the op and £30 for the tubes to be sent to the lab to confirm they’d cut out the right bits . Not sure what would have happened if it came back they’d cut the wrong bits or even what the wrong bits could be!!! Anyway all well and he is currently doing the business with the girls so will post if any kits get dropped 

Put my hob back in yesterday with 4 jills ...was on them straight away doing the bizz...soon see if it's worked???

• Like 1

Our job was due to get done but the vet got COVID,so it was postponed,but he was done yesterday,he's right as rain today but has shaved nether regions lol..so in 2 weeks we see if it worked,now last week the vet thought it was a castration and it was 60 quid,the vasectomy cost 150... thankfully the bit was sorted out 

On 18/03/2022 at 02:21, jigsaw said:

It's best to wait at least 6 weeks before allowing a vasectomized hob to breed as there can be residual sperm.  

• Thanks 1