First net

First time making a purse net started after dinner and just couldn't stop till it was done about 5 hours in between other jobs but well happy with it

Criticism welcome

I can't test it there's only one rabbit in the house and think she's gone to bed with it whilst I've been sat in the kitchen for hours

20220317_004205.jpg

20220317_004144.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fit a bigger ring on opposite side that you peg....easier when you pick them back up...I buy aload of cheap hair bands like the daughter uses..for every net you put down,the band goes on the wrist..that way then you don't lose no nets ??

• Like 1
10 hours ago, James broom 1994 said:

First time making a purse net started after dinner and just couldn't stop till it was done about 5 hours in between other jobs but well happy with it

Criticism welcome

I can't test it there's only one rabbit in the house and think she's gone to bed with it whilst I've been sat in the kitchen for hours

20220317_004205.jpg

20220317_004144.jpg

Fair play mate I haven't hand's to bless myself with way size you makeing them I have different sizes to suit the ground ur hunting ? 

Here is the old fashioned way of knitting,, no need for split rings, or other gadgets to start of a net ,, just leave enough of a tag end to braid onto the ring once the net is finished , this method is really good especially if one requires a net with a good depth . Please excuse her indoors Y fronts drying out on the radiator.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, netrigger said:
1 hour ago, netrigger said:

Here is the old fashioned way of knitting,, no need for split rings, or other gadgets to start of a net ,, just leave enough of a tag end to braid onto the ring once the net is finished , this method is really good especially if one requires a net with a good depth . Please excuse her indoors Y fronts drying out on the radiator.

That is different to how I've been trying 

If you give it a try , make the little loop (fly mesh) a tad smaller than the girth of the mesh board,, and do not count the knot of the fly mesh , the knot below is knot 1,, so for a 15 across net ,, make 30 knots on the chain/ link start ,,  good think about this method also is that both rings will be stitched exactly the same..

• Like 1