7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv used that Ortovox box an it does the job, also had one the ortovox collar, well o say collar it was actually a wee green box an strong stuff made me a collar with a pouch on it for wee box to go on, worked spot on ?

Them ortovox boxes coupled with the bellman collars are more accurate than the brick?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv never used a brick mate, bellman was still selling the pieps an old collar you had to change battery in when j gave digging up, an I had the ortovox collar an the ortovox box as a back up ?

Them old style  bellman collars with the expensive camera battery lasted longer than the newer rechargeable ones,wear and tear wise..I've had 3 newer types just suddenly stop working or charge up ...I gave 2 of the older types to a youngster when I got rid of my black types 2 yr back?wish I'd kept them now and gave him the rechargeables?with some luck my Plummer will put them to use?

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv never used a brick mate, bellman was still selling the pieps an old collar you had to change battery in when j gave digging up, an I had the ortovox collar an the ortovox box as a back up ?

I use ortovox box it dose the job an cheaper then red brick ?

• Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Them old style  bellman collars with the expensive camera battery lasted longer than the newer rechargeable ones,wear and tear wise..I've had 3 newer types just suddenly stop working or charge up ...I gave 2 of the older types to a youngster when I got rid of my black types 2 yr back?wish I'd kept them now and gave him the rechargeables?with some luck my Plummer will put them to use?

My collar stopped charging  bent pints on charger sound now ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, tank34 said:

My collar stopped charging  bent pints on charger sound now ?

Had that old type charger,the little metal one ,melted and caught fire at the plug end? customer service is shite..just buy new again,more than happy to take your money mind ??

• Like 1
On 16/03/2022 at 19:24, W. Katchum said:

Only problem I had with old collars was the plastic cover used to take some stick, but could buy new ones an new rubber seals an that so all was good ?

Can’t get them anymore though can you Katchum? I’ve one lying about here somewhere the chipboard and all is ? but wouldn’t put it on a dog, casing and seals seen better days

Thing I liked about the old knocker box it took you down straight on top of the dog deepest dig I had with the grey box was near 15 foot good memory’s of them old boxes I mind me an a few mates where walking home having blanked one day threw an old gas works my Russell disappeared couldn’t find him .... turned the old box on and had a wander we found him in the ground with two in the pot at about 2 ft

• Like 1

Them battery operated Bellman collars when they were first out, I dropped mine on a lane one morning getting out of van and it turned on. I turned it off with magnet and deliberately dropped it again. Turned on. My other mate had one as well done the same. Never took the magnet with me after that, just gave it a tap on my knee to turn it on first stop whenever we were out.

Edited by THE GENERAL

I've had a few bricks,  one has been spot on the rest have been second rate at best. If they aren't showing one fault or another then they don't or can't switch on, the button on a nightmare.  Try and send one back and you'll get fobbed off with BS.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I've had a few bricks,  one has been spot on the rest have been second rate at best. If they aren't showing one fault or another then they don't or can't switch on, the button on a nightmare.  Try and send one back and you'll get fobbed off with BS.

Your tried boiling water on the button?