Advice for keeping ferrets outside in summer

21 hours ago, Joeboe2000 said:

How does everyone deal with outside ferrets in summer ? Keeping them cool etc

Try keep them in the shade and when it's very hot I put 2Lt bottles of frozen water in there box plus frozen rabbit just bits not to much I never feed try food each to there own 

2 minutes ago, James broom 1994 said:

Frozen water bottles, and bowls of water instead of drinkers and keep in the shade 

Keep your drinkers full of water But put a couple off frozen 2Lt bottles of water in the box it keeps them cool mate done this for years works brilliant 

• Like 1

Same as others with frozen bottles . Got loads in freezer and i just swap them around each morning.  Also i get a bed sheet and put it over front of hutch and douse it with water before i leave in the morning 

Sometimes come back dinner time and their all lounging around by the frozen bottles

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2022 at 17:15, W. Katchum said:

If you can’t get them in shade add some bricks or summat to roof an then another board a wood, the space between the board an the hutch will keep it cooler, easier jist to put a roof over the hutches tho to protect them from elements all year ?

My ferret hutch is mounted on the wall of the dog  run,they get some morning sun and shade in the afternoon. The run does have a full roof to protect from the elements, good ventilation so all in all that seems to work  for me.