Well I can't hit a barn yet though I have moments where I pull off a couple of tidy shots but just not consistently. Sticking with targets until I get sorted. In the mean time I keep knocking up some basic forks in case I make a wonder fork that can't miss lol. Some of the naturals I see around are a work of art but for the time being its ten minutes with a pen knife.
Bit black where it caught fire in the microwave ?

IMG_8962.jpg.91c490a3672df147a4db7ccc59cf1645.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg.8eb3443f0991dcd95a4712f212419498.jpg

IMG_8965.jpg.91142abdb3734d6a9f09389dabc6a743.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like offset fork ter id really try and get ya hands on a good ash set if u can them offset forks are ok but i find you get alot of ramdom flyers with them. If u get stuck for a good bit of ash let me know and ill send ya a couple.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, C.green said:

Looks like offset fork ter id really try and get ya hands on a good ash set if u can them offset forks are ok but i find you get alot of ramdom flyers with them. If u get stuck for a good bit of ash let me know and ill send ya a couple.

Off set as one side smaller than the other or wonky handle ? I was thinking that mate because  I tried it yesterday and yea fliers every where lol so was a thumbs down :( 

Edited by terryd

lovely fork!

it helps if you can find what outer fork width you are most accurate with, mine it seems to be 100mm so i tried cutting a bit of hazel fork down to exactly that and  im just as accurate with my 100mm outer natty as my 100mm outer custom frame.

anything under 100mm like 90mm 80mm etc and my shots go much higher that I want [shooting gangster style]

• Like 1

@ger2020 is 100% correct without finding your suited fork width your pissing into the wind ?? and your suited ttf and ott fork width will more than likely be different ? my ott is 90mm and my TTF is 100mm .find your suited fork width and your comfortable natural anchor point ( keep your anchor the same always) and I can guarantee your shooting improves 10 fold in a couple of hours ???????????

• Like 2

Cheers folks that is very interesting. Regarding anchor point I have found I am better if I dont pull too far back and get tight into my cheek. Had a bit of success last couple of nights. Still  plenty off target but a few nice hits and starting to bring it in a bit

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

What bands are you folks using then ?
I have got 25/20 18 active bands and no idea where they fall in the scheme of things. I draw back to my cheek and the final inch gives me a bit of a wobble. I also have some old bands that I have pull to far back. Once I go past my cheek I am all over the place aim wise. I can now hit a 410 cartride case at about 10 yards or so after a few goes. Things are getting better slowly with a few shots every night

• Like 1
20 hours ago, terryd said:

What bands are you folks using then ?
I have got 25/20 18 active bands and no idea where they fall in the scheme of things. I draw back to my cheek and the final inch gives me a bit of a wobble. I also have some old bands that I have pull to far back. Once I go past my cheek I am all over the place aim wise. I can now hit a 410 cartride case at about 10 yards or so after a few goes. Things are getting better slowly with a few shots every night

I stick with 23/18. with a 17 active terry. depending on ammo I only use 9.5mm steel. my wrists are fxxked with arthritis awaiting now on a 4th operation. I have found precise.65 to be bang on. Nice easy draw even for me while still packing plenty of power. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

I stick with 23/18. with a 17 active terry. depending on ammo I only use 9.5mm steel. my wrists are fxxked with arthritis awaiting now on a 4th operation. I have found precise.65 to be bang on. Nice easy draw even for me while still packing plenty of power. 

Where do you get them fred?

On 26/03/2022 at 19:49, fred90 said:

I have all my bands off a chap on ebay benbanham from Ipswich, not the cheapest but good quality and service. 

Came yesterday just got to practice now 

Image 1 - Precise Gen3 .65 OTT 23/18 Flat Catapult Bands x3 Slingshot Elastic +15bb

• Like 2