German Wire Haired Pointer x Lurcher

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I’ve had a few over the years from 1st x to pointer x Lurcher too pointer x Lurcher I find the bit a far better but there no better on the nose too a beddy x or collie x I’ve still got 2 here now but my old beddy x was better imo

Did you have the big dog off taity?

Just now, Coconut said:

Yes mate he as a pup out of him at the mo lovely dog great natured animal atb

Yeah he sent me some pics of the pip, looks a cracking animal. I always liked the look of the sire.

18 minutes ago, jossa said:

Yeah he sent me some pics of the pip, looks a cracking animal. I always liked the look of the sire.

Yes he was a nice type lacked speed and agility but that’s the first cross for you that’s why I outcrossed away atb

• Like 1
10 hours ago, white van man said:

I’m probably going to go down this route as I want to try something different and I’m doing more hill work than lamping. I still want something fairly quick as I’ll be doing the odd bit of lamping too. If the right one comes along once my older lurcher has retired then I’ll be interested. 

Not saying they wouldn't be ok but over here in the steep hills the smaller lightly built whippet based types catch better than the bigger heavier grey crosses. Talking about rabbits.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Not saying they wouldn't be ok but over here in the steep hills the smaller lightly built whippet based types catch better than the bigger heavier grey crosses. Talking about rabbits.

Yeah totally get that. Around cover my smaller bitch is a lot quicker on the bunnies. I’d be thinking more along the lines of a lurcher type with some GWP in it rather than a GWP x grey. I’m also tempted with something with fox hound in it but wait and see when the time is right. 

• Like 1