Ferrets not eating much?

Can anyone help or guide me into a direction both my Jill’s will not eat dry and they will eat very small amounts of chicken tripe. It will take them over 3 days just to eat a pigeon, anyone I’ve talked to says it’s unusual because theirs wolf the food down. The only thing they do like are sprat?this is Sod’s law as google says fish shouldn’t be an everyday thing so I’m stuck, should I keep feeding the sprat if they like them or should I try and find something they like? Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Ethan gunn said:

Can anyone help or guide me into a direction both my Jill’s will not eat dry and they will eat very small amounts of chicken tripe. It will take them over 3 days just to eat a pigeon, anyone I’ve talked to says it’s unusual because theirs wolf the food down. The only thing they do like are sprat?this is Sod’s law as google says fish shouldn’t be an everyday thing so I’m stuck, should I keep feeding the sprat if they like them or should I try and find something they like? Cheers. 

Have u give them rabbit are they thin on it or our they in good condition our they coming into season I never feed my ferrets dry food at all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen some ferrets get fussy for certain foods, like some cats do. Try them on some beef mince then mix with the dry if that's what you want to feed them. I wouldn't leave flesh in with them for three days, ferrets need fresh unspoilt meat.

• Thanks 1