Getting worse

4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Jeez that one on right actually does look like you you Phil!! 

Is that Stav your cuddled up with?? ??

I have enough with Mitch and Jimmy without you starting Ben.......................................picking on an old gentlemen, not fair  ?

Phil

• Haha 2
On 03/03/2022 at 21:59, villaman said:

D/C also covers Dorset as well , my county ?

I have been thinking for a while that going back to LR would good, maybe HMR, maybe even centrefire. A dream of my youth. But as I need to move to facilitate this, (no sufficient walls in my building!.)....the idea of losing it all on an policeman's whim... Is to scary to imagine. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JakeFury said:

I have been thinking for a while that going back to LR would good, maybe HMR, maybe even centrefire. A dream of my youth. But as I need to move to facilitate this, (no sufficient walls in my building!.)....the idea of losing it all on an policeman's whim... Is to scary to imagine. 

I have reason to be looking at security for a pal and the police gave me this link as it covers all aspects of gun security, look at page 9 which covers fitting a cabinet to a caravan so if it is possible to do that, you may find something in here that suits you.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/953881/Firearms_Security_Manual_2020.pdf

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

I have reason to be looking at security for a pal and the police gave me this link as it covers all aspects of gun security, look at page 9 which covers fitting a cabinet to a caravan so if it is possible to do that, you may find something in here that suits you.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/953881/Firearms_Security_Manual_2020.pdf

Phil

Cheers Phil, I've actually already read this, unfortunately also not really possible as I don't own the place and it's a tiny bachelor post divorce pad. 

I am considering... Let's say some life re-adjustments... Which may yet make it possible. 

I'm also kind of reticent to open the doors of the police being so involved in my life. And I enjoy air guns so much   being able to literally purchase them at will. Haha... 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Cheers Phil, I've actually already read this, unfortunately also not really possible as I don't own the place and it's a tiny bachelor post divorce pad. 

I am considering... Let's say some life re-adjustments... Which may yet make it possible. 

I'm also kind of reticent to open the doors of the police being so involved in my life. And I enjoy air guns so much   being able to literally purchase them at will. Haha... 

As a matter of interest, I have just been to my rfd and a guy came in who was in your position so he is keeping his guns in storage at the rfd until such time as he knows his mind a bit better, I know it is at a cost but may be worth it in the short term.  Good luck with it Jake whatever you decide mate.

Phil

• Like 2
On 09/03/2022 at 15:05, philpot said:

As a matter of interest, I have just been to my rfd and a guy came in who was in your position so he is keeping his guns in storage at the rfd until such time as he knows his mind a bit better, I know it is at a cost but may be worth it in the short term.  Good luck with it Jake whatever you decide mate.

Phil

Thanks mate for that voice of support. When you are looking at flats post marital strife you think "I can afford this"... Not "where can I bolt my gun cab to the wall"... 

My GP has also recently retired and I've got a... Well not so male one now. A lot more.... Well I'll reserve final judgement. 

To be honest I most interested in HMR as I think I can afford it and I'd like to stretch the distance. I think it's a fab little calibre. 

Cheers matey 

• Like 1

If they had any nouse, the BASC would challenge all the revokations without merit and then start a Group Action against D&C Police for damages, even if the shooters weren't members as this goes to a general attack on owneerhip not just an attack on individuals.

That's the only way they'll be stopped, if it costs them a fotune in compensation. Unfortunately without that I fear other forces will start to follow D&C's actions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alsone said:

Yeah whilst I can't comment on the BASC's actions. What I will say is that in my opinion, membership shouldn't matter here. This is a general attack on gun ownership, not individual owners.

I don't think these two chaps would agree with you.   BASC is not there for it's members in a legal capacity so lets just throw them to the wolves as they have thrown us it's members or in my case, ex member.

The point here must be to have the legal support to not only stand our ground but to attack the very action we as license holders seem to face if these are chaps are anything to go by.

Phil

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2022 at 23:18, philpot said:

I don't think these two chaps would agree with you.   BASC is not there for it's members in a legal capacity so lets just throw them to the wolves as they have thrown us it's members or in my case, ex member.

The point here must be to have the legal support to not only stand our ground but to attack the very action we as license holders seem to face if these are chaps are anything to go by.

Phil

I agree Phil. It lost my membership.

My poiint was IF the BASC are going to do anything about this as a point of principle, they should take on all the cases in a group action not just those of members because this goes beyond the problem of a couple of individuals to a problem of an attack on all shooting and gun ownership, and one that may be mirrored by other forces if it isn't addressed.

• Like 2