Getting worse

• villaman changed the title to Getting worse

I watched that last night, I don’t know what the first bloke did or didn’t do to warrant having his guns taken from him, but the other lad just did a transfer onto his ticket and then had his tickets revoked, that’s guilt by association and very wrong, it seems odd to me that the majority of these people who have had their tickets revoked were considered perfectly fine to hold a firearms certificate before that tw*t went mental with a shotgun that the police gave back to him, knowing he had been arrested for assault and his own father had expressed concerns to the police, it looks to me like Devon and Cornwall firearms have been shown to be incompetent and are trying to show they are sorting their mess out by removing tickets for any little irrelevant reason ☹️

• Like 4

Can I ask a question that is bugging me, they say they can’t afford to appeal and try and get there guns back, and I do understand it’s very expensive, a lot of people would not be able to afford to take the police to court to challenge their decision and reclaim their guns back, and it’s rather convenient that most of the shooting organisations have this last couple of years  taken the legal expenses cover off their membership, 

however If you have legal cover on your house insurance surely they would fight it for you, ie if it went to court, or have I misunderstood the whole legal protection cover thing.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Fecking barstewards pigs... Should crowd fund to get em they're possessions back, feck the corrupt copper basterds ?

Straight Outta C̶o̶m̶p̶t̶o̶n̶ Highlands! JWA (jocks with attitude) ??

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Can I ask a question that is bugging me, they say they can’t afford to appeal and try and get there guns back, and I do understand it’s very expensive, a lot of people would not be able to afford to take the police to court to challenge their decision and reclaim their guns back, and it’s rather convenient that most of the shooting organisations have this last couple of years  taken the legal expenses cover off their membership, 

however If you have legal cover on your house insurance surely they would fight it for you, ie if it went to court, or have I misunderstood the whole legal protection cover thing.

Good point  will have to find out 

I just joined 'Country Cover Club' insurance which gives me £100,000 for legal cover as I dropped out of basc after they dropped legal cover.  I now believe we need that cover to protect ourselves and our passion for this sport as the vast majority of shooting men and women are staying within the law so police forces must be taken to task if innocent members of our sport are to be victimised in this way.

I seriously hope you are not affected Mitch.

Phil

• Like 3

This happened to one of my mates who was a member of one of these organisations and insured for half a million and legal costs,it turned out he was intitled to one free consultation and the rest he had to pay for,they are nothing but a rip-off he got his guns back in the end but I think it cost him about £10000 

2 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

This happened to one of my mates who was a member of one of these organisations and insured for half a million and legal costs,it turned out he was intitled to one free consultation and the rest he had to pay for,they are nothing but a rip-off he got his guns back in the end but I think it cost him about £10000 

Most of these insurers are the same, if you read into them they are not worth the paper they are written on and there’s not an insurance out there that will back you against the police if they decide to revoke your ticket, for whatever reason, I understand why some people get it when looking for permission, because some land owners like to see it as if it makes that person responsible in some way, but it’s not for me, I am responsible and know what I’m doing so don’t need someone who I’ve never met to say I am with a bit of paper, I can do that myself, just by talking to them

• Like 2
11 hours ago, David.evans said:

have you got a link Phil 

and how much for the year 

atb 

Mitch has beaten me to it Dave but I paid £36 including a £3 extra for a membership card which is worth saying, on the back gives all the benefits including payout values so good to be able to show the farmer actual cover there and then.  Learn BASC learn.....

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Mitch has beaten me to it Dave but I paid £36 including a £3 extra for a membership card which is worth saying, on the back gives all the benefits including payout values so good to be able to show the farmer actual cover there and then.  Learn BASC learn.....

Phil

To slow Phil. That’s the trouble with you old people you go to bed to early 

????

image.gif.d755774b29c368dcd6e35aa89c580d66.gif

• Haha 4