Called in at the chip shop on my way home from shopping yesterday lunch time fer fish n chips, I asked the bloke as he wrapped them.could he please use an extra sheet of paper to wrap them to keep them warm. As I. Had a fair way to walk home  no sir he replied so. I told him. Keep the buggering fish n ? he ordered me out the shop. Told me never to come back again ? 

• Haha 11

12 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Called in at the chip shop on my way home from shopping yesterday lunch time fer fish n chips, I asked the bloke as he wrapped them.could he please use an extra sheet of paper to wrap them to keep them warm. As I. Had a fair way to walk home  no sir he replied so. I told him. Keep the buggering fish n ? he ordered me out the shop. Told me never to come back again ? 

It's nowt laugh at lads  smash ya faces in ? 

price of fish and chips, these days is a joke,bought some for tea the other night charged£8-50, remember the days of sitting in chippy, ordering  chips, peas, sausage, pot of tea, and bread an butter for 1s/6d, wouldnt like to pay for a family of 4 these days, used to be a cheap meal to fill up on, me mam used to give us a basin to take in as kids, and it get it filled up with chips for next to nothing, good old days, when people had nowt but all looked out for each other,price of food only going to get worse.

39 minutes ago, grompz said:

price of fish and chips, these days is a joke,bought some for tea the other night charged£8-50, remember the days of sitting in chippy, ordering  chips, peas, sausage, pot of tea, and bread an butter for 1s/6d, wouldnt like to pay for a family of 4 these days, used to be a cheap meal to fill up on, me mam used to give us a basin to take in as kids, and it get it filled up with chips for next to nothing, good old days, when people had nowt but all looked out for each other,price of food only going to get worse.

Good old days indeed matey, never to be seen again, my daughter occasionally brings me fish chips n mushy peas, £ 10 

I don't know about your area, Kieth, but up here it's cheaper to go to a pub for fish & chips.

£7:50 in the pub, and you get garden or mushy peas and tartare sauce, whereas the chippy's charge around £8 or £9 !

Cheers.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sid g said:

i wonder why ? ?  it all happens where you moved to mate ,, 

It’s an Essex thing Sid traffic greed people rushing around me me me it’s become a shit ole 2 years maybe less and I’m out of this poxy county. 

• Like 1

If it’s a foreign owned chippy you could always get revenge by doing what my mate did… wait until it’s busy, walk in and slam a cat on the counter whilst loudly announcing “this is the last one I’m getting you” Although my mate did it for a laugh, not spite mind ?

• Haha 4
36 minutes ago, mushroom said:

If it’s a foreign owned chippy you could always get revenge by doing what my mate did… wait until it’s busy, walk in and slam a cat on the counter whilst loudly announcing “this is the last one I’m getting you” Although my mate did it for a laugh, not spite mind ?

Think ive mentioned this before, but on a nice day . like today, i have my front door open fer fresh air, its ajar ? now so the bugger will no doubt show its face, so mushey, are u suggesting i give it some humpy

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, iworkwhippets said:

Think ive mentioned this before, but on a nice day . like today, i have my front door open fer fresh air, its ajar ? now so the bugger will no doubt show its face, so mushey, are u suggesting i give it some humpy

Come again :blink:

No mate, I am not suggesting you fuuck a cat. Take the cat into the chippy and oh bollocks never mind, forget I said anything  ?‍♂️?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

lad down here told all the teenagers the local chink will give you 15 to 20 quid a cat depending on size and they got inundated with young lads and stolen cats at the door

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

lad down here told all the teenagers the local chink will give you 15 to 20 quid a cat depending on size and they got inundated with young lads and stolen cats at the door

Those chinkys will eat out thats going, i meant to say in my last post this ginger tom sneaks into my living room on occasions. kips down on a chair, but i couldnt do it any harm.

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

Come again :blink:

No mate, I am not suggesting you fuuck a cat. Take the cat into the chippy and oh bollocks never mind, forget I said anything  ?‍♂️?

Only on here mate ???

• Haha 1