So I decided to buy my mates axion xm30 but by heck I'm struggling to use it lol I've set it on white hot , I can see rabbits playing out at 100 yards however if I try to find squirrels/ roosting birds the tree goes white hot aswell , 

So last night I whent out found a phesant with the lamp and then decide to have a play about , I tried the white hot but at first I could only see its face and glowing , the same on black hot and also on red hot , and then to top it off when I moved the branches of the tree whent white hot / black hot/ red hot aswell , now its alot worse when it's close and seems to do it more as I scan side to side ???? Am I doing something wrong or set it up wrong?? Or is it faulty ???  

It also did it in the day aswell I seen a squirell (with my eyes ) then used spotter to see him but if I moved it to quickly or stood to close the branches whent as hot as the squirell so it showed all wite hot 

User error mainly to be honest , and at night there just shit for picking up phesants, when it comes to thermal you realy do get what you pay for , I met up with my nephews mate who has the same one and his is exactly the same with phesants at night they would show up faintly with a red dot on the face , my other mate has the hik owl 35 wich he paid 2500 for and its unbelievably better in every way , I stood on the out side of a wood and could see loads phesants roosting and there full body was flowing red like someone ad coloured them in lol , I sold mine as it just wasn't what I was after as I simply wanted it for finding phesants at night , I whent out in the day with it spoting rabbits hare  duck squirel etc and it was mint , when walking through the woods it was picking wood cock up mint like lite white glowing balls and could clearly tell it was a wood cook,  the problem I was having was simply phesants , it just wouldn't pick them up in the tops of trees if they were lower down in the trees and it had plenty of cover behind it it would pick them up , just not to the standard of my mates 

• Like 1