Johnny Boy (R.I.P.) off here made some crackers. Sure there's a few lads on here that he gifted them to might help you out? If not, I'll send you one. Don't catch enough nowadays to need one ?

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I keep one like this in the truck, had it yrs,treat the leather like you would a collar?Screenshot_20220301-204800.png.3a7e6f87ee169743e3e743d84d5decde.png

Can’t beat this style , all tho can get them for bit cheaper , seen them for around £12 £14  , I regularly have 20 odd pheasants on these and there spot on 

Edited by Elchapo
  • 3 weeks later...

I have made this type and found them to work just fine But I use an old carry strap instead of platting the parachord, just me being lazy.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<p dir="ltr">Paracord Game Carrier.<br> Custom made in colour of your choice.<br> 4 rings each side made with a double strap for even weight...

Phil

• 2 months later...
On 28/02/2022 at 21:29, leeroy said:

Any one know of a decent shoulder strap for lugging 6-8  rabbits back to the truck?

Loads on the net but most in the US or China. 

Iv'e made them in the past but would sooner buy a decent one if  pos.

So. Why is everyone talking about game ( phesant) carriers.  What's wrong with cutting a pole branch down and carrying the RABBITS  hamstring on that over the shoulder and if there's THAT many between two people like a stretcher. Somewhere I've got a foto of brother in law and other with about 40 rabbits on a pole

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Meece said:

So. Why is everyone talking about game ( phesant) carriers.  What's wrong with cutting a pole branch down and carrying the RABBITS  hamstring on that over the shoulder and if there's THAT many between two people like a stretcher. Somewhere I've got a foto of brother in law and other with about 40 rabbits on a pole

Or Hamstring them and put them on ya spade handle to carry back to your motor

3 hours ago, Netmaker said:

That is always assuming that you are equipped with a spade.  If I were in the position. I would blast a bat at close range with the shotgun and then rat gnaw the bat with my knife. Needs must when the devil drives. ?

3 hours ago, Netmaker said:

It's the airgun shooting section so it is very unlikely anyone would have a spade.

19 hours ago, philpot said:

It's the airgun shooting section so it is very unlikely anyone would have a spade.

My mistake thought it was just a general question about how to carry a number of rabbits

• Like 1

You thought about the same as me.  Perhaps your thing is ferreting, thus the spade.  I would be out there with a shotgun so my take is to shoot.  I was as guilty of not reading which section the post was in. Normally I would only shoot about three at a time to fit in the pressure cooker for the dogs.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Is that legal

Only if you get caught 

And on a serious note , it's only actually illegal if you shoot the bird while the lamp is on , nothing illegal if you finding them with thermal , and then pointing them out with a lamp  for your friend to shoot , along as the lamp is off and he shoots them by there silhouette