On 02/03/2022 at 14:15, Neal said:

I think quite a few different herbivores (including rabbits) eat their own poo in order to get "another bite of the cherry" so maybe there's some truth in what you've heard.

My bitch pup will occasionally eat dog poo but she seems quite selective about which ones. She'd eat anything when I first got her but now only has a rare momentarily lapse. I was speaking to her breeder about it last week and she said she thinks it might be because pups see their dams clearing it up to keep the nest clean (if we don't get in there to clean it up first of course).

I think it is that dogs being opportunists and not knowing when the next meal is coming, if they see protein in the poo gobble it down. Its perfectly normal anyway.

On 10/03/2022 at 04:02, tomfromwest said:

All dogs eat Rabbit poo. Even I eat Rabbit poo.

I remember taking my kids ferreting when they were young. One day it was a bit slow so they started a rabbit poo fight, joking I opened my mouth and said first pellet in gets a prize. My son threw a handfull and I nearly choked to death at the warren, lol.

• Haha 1