Is there anything missing in the diet of a dog/pup who will consistently eat rabbit droppings at any given opportunity ?.....i seem to remember being told years ago its something to do with a dog wanting veg thats already been through the gut....or have i just dreamed that up.

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Is there anything missing in the diet of a dog/pup who will consistently eat rabbit droppings at any given opportunity ?.....i seem to remember being told years ago its something to do with a dog wanting veg thats already been through the gut....or have i just dreamed that up.

I don't think so mate, mine are on a cracking diet, veg and green tripe included and still hoover it up with glee daily... ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

One of my dogs eats it along with grass and seaweed

22 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Add sf50 to her meal ?

4 hours ago, socks said:

Maybe become a habit now then. She will probably grow out of it. 

My old bitch does it occasionally but not all the time, suppose it's a like us when we fancy a kebab ?

Cheers, D.

17 hours ago, dytkos said:

My old bitch does it occasionally but not all the time, suppose it's a like us when we fancy a kebab ?

Cheers, D.

You eat rabbit shit when you fancy a kebab ?....strange bunch you west country folk ?

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You eat rabbit shit when you fancy a kebab ?....strange bunch you west country folk ?

Whats in a kebab is probably worse than eating rabbit shit tbh. 

Cheers, D.

I think quite a few different herbivores (including rabbits) eat their own poo in order to get "another bite of the cherry" so maybe there's some truth in what you've heard.

My bitch pup will occasionally eat dog poo but she seems quite selective about which ones. She'd eat anything when I first got her but now only has a rare momentarily lapse. I was speaking to her breeder about it last week and she said she thinks it might be because pups see their dams clearing it up to keep the nest clean (if we don't get in there to clean it up first of course).

• Like 1