Bitch lined

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Got to say...those little  Plummers are well switched on,got a 6 month old bitch,busiest terrier I've ever had ,and smart with it,she's like an old dog ??DSC_1505.JPG.9cc1b1cb926e08d8caba995a89373ce6.JPG

You can still see the Russell in them back in 70s an 80s they were alot smaller with having the fell in them. A think some nowadays have abit of every thing. I'm sure down the lines they've hound in them ? 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Priorities are right then

Nice drive up north east at the weekend to line my bitch. This is the sire the dog on the left.  Nice well put together dog standing at about 12 " tts. Fingers crossed the bitch has taken as I'm keepi

My favourite thread atm. God, I'm sad ?‍♀️ Cheers, D.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

You can still see the Russell in them back in 70s an 80s they were alot smaller with having the fell in them. A think some nowadays have abit of every thing. I'm sure down the lines they've hound in them ? 

This one I was gifted,won't be a big bitch,I'm hoping when she matures,that I get some sport digging over her ?DSC_1025.JPG.585524044bba897bf888d1a193d231fe.JPGDSC_1501.JPG.dfcd9c3a3ade991086c9177787ea4833.JPG

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Thought labs was supposed to stay at heel till sent to retrieve? Spaniels in my area are used for pushing thick cover to guns and to retrieve. Like any dog some will smash cover some won’t  

My labs didn't get that memo they are hunt cover as good as a spaniel and plenty of people have seen them do it but they are calm in a pigeon hide or when ferreting or standing at a peg

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

This one I was gifted,won't be a big bitch,I'm hoping when she matures,that I get some sport digging over her ?DSC_1025.JPG.585524044bba897bf888d1a193d231fe.JPGDSC_1501.JPG.dfcd9c3a3ade991086c9177787ea4833.JPG

I wish you the very best of luck DC as my old girl gave me some sport and i miss her dearly,just had the worse season iv'e had for years and i know if i still had her things would have been so different.She was a take anywhere dog and she'd find some sport for you and everyone who ever came out with me said she was a lot more than what folk said  of the breed and even old foxdropper never took up any of the several invites i offered to him as he knew she'd of shut him up once and for all...

• Like 7

Thank you Steve,I've had black dogs,lakie xs,border, Russell types....these Plummers are different...this one is more vocal than anything I've ever had?soon as I walk in from work...it screams until you put a lead on  it....screams all the way to the motor? but is getting better lol...just wants to work,and know what's going on ?

Get a loss less looks and people stop and make conversation instead of just grunting and giving me  evil eyes?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, sid g said:

the small stuff in them was russells from murial jones stuff ,

plummer wanted more from the breed than just a ratting dog. You can't believe the man was a teacher not your typical pit man that loved the sport after a days graft down under the sod back out digging lol. Just been reading up an it was the beagle that made the breed up aswel as the fell an Russell. Nice looking dogs but many now have size about them.  Do you think some have been out bred from the original plummer ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sid g said:

offers was there --- just get in the motor put it to bed ,

I never said to him a want a days sport mate. He said his lurcher would work cover better than my Russell. This bitch her is great in cover an a great tracker too. Was only a few weeks back I was mentioning her track a roe through local golf course.. A thought to myself there's no way she'll keep on this. But she proved me wrong tracked it all the way through one part of the wood.. Which the roe came into the open an through to the other side of the golf course an up toward the motorway bank which a called her off. But you could see the roes prints on the green an rough. Didn't think a Russell would track. But a few lads said there Russells can track too an known for it. 

17 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

But a few lads said there Russells can track too an known for it. 

I have a mate who likes hunting pigs with terriers, he has Parsons now, he said they track better than the jagd terriers he had and are silent doing it as is mine. Can't have trail barkers hunting over here on pigs. They are starting to use them more on Sambar here too.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

I never said to him a want a days sport mate. He said his lurcher would work cover better than my Russell. This bitch her is great in cover an a great tracker too. Was only a few weeks back I was mentioning her track a roe through local golf course.. A thought to myself there's no way she'll keep on this. But she proved me wrong tracked it all the way through one part of the wood.. Which the roe came into the open an through to the other side of the golf course an up toward the motorway bank which a called her off. But you could see the roes prints on the green an rough. Didn't think a Russell would track. But a few lads said there Russells can track too an known for it. 

what's she like at working underground though?

7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd like to own one, I've only ever seen one over here that was claimed to be a Plummer but looked nothing like the ones I've seen on here.

I think there was a litter of jagd x plummers over there. Not sure what part. (Tried the same cross myself,years ago but bitch missed)

• Like 1

Maybe most terriers shouldn't even be called terriers because they don't work in the earth but some were never bred for the job. All the terriers I've seen do have an instinct to hunt and kill vermin, even generations bred for show but it's sad seeing these tough little breeds go down the gurgler and end up as fashion accessories. 

• Like 4

Some men keep there dogs tight and breed tighter and no wonder...earthdog and working terriers imagine going to see these working Russel lakeland pups if you were a digging man looking a working terrier you'd be sadly disappointed 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, gunter said:

Some men keep there dogs tight and breed tighter and no wonder...earthdog and working terriers imagine going to see these working Russel lakeland pups if you were a digging man looking a working terrier you'd be sadly disappointed 

I've seen top class earth dogs breed shite. These dogs have been bred tight that tight they've been blind legs f****d. There was a litter that was all f****d in some way. Ment to be top grafters an couldn't put together a decent mating instead of thinking right will try something different. But got it wrong an f****d up. An my opinion is diffrent to yours. If you put the time in to bring that pup up which you could back in day now you cant its illegal. You build false earths to train pups up then get a couple of young not so clever gaspers in traps  . Get the young dogs confidence up on what.  You could make any terrier an earth terrier if you put the time into it. But many don't want to they'll buy a pup feed it up. Then soon as it hits a certain age think its ready. The dog may have some instinct of going to ground but not trained up ready for what it's going to meet an may come out worse than it went in. You want your dog to keep its distance an hopefully bolt the fox into a net. Not many people can say they want to dig down to the dog but it had to be done back in the day. That's when the live trap comes into play for the pup to see what it's going to be up against an get it's confidence up to back it up in the trap. But alot should know this how to bring a pup on. But all I'm wanting these pups for bushing an hopefully get a couple of runs on the ones on the tops ? 

• Haha 8
24 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

I've seen top class earth dogs breed shite. These dogs have been bred tight that tight they've been blind legs f****d. There was a litter that was all f****d in some way. Ment to be top grafters an couldn't put together a decent mating instead of thinking right will try something different. But got it wrong an f****d up. An my opinion is diffrent to yours. If you put the time in to bring that pup up which you could back in day now you cant its illegal. You build false earths to train pups up then get a couple of young not so clever gaspers in traps  . Get the young dogs confidence up on what.  You could make any terrier an earth terrier if you put the time into it. But many don't want to they'll buy a pup feed it up. Then soon as it hits a certain age think its ready. The dog may have some instinct of going to ground but not trained up ready for what it's going to meet an may come out worse than it went in. You want your dog to keep its distance an hopefully bolt the fox into a net. Not many people can say they want to dig down to the dog but it had to be done back in the day. That's when the live trap comes into play for the pup to see what it's going to be up against an get it's confidence up to back it up in the trap. But alot should know this how to bring a pup on. But all I'm wanting these pups for bushing an hopefully get a couple of runs on the ones on the tops ? 

No wonder the job is just about nackered 

This just about says it all Ffs .

• Like 6