Scotland hunting act

On 19/03/2022 at 17:47, saluki bouy said:

The way I see it is play the game and play it right the boys on fens since ban have carried on and worked with in restrictions 

hunts have done the same with gun packs owls etc they’ve had least change so far and killed more foxes per day out 

me myself have a 5 month old pup first in 8 years that I’m going to be serious with work wise I’ve cleared out all my books unfollowed everything on Facebook will get rid of this when time come and shotgun license applied for and I’ll “work within the regulations” 

there’s not a body or group up here that have any leavarge and why would I choose to put my head above the parapet and not be able to move 

These animal lovers have no clue and how they have the energy or time to give that much of a feck about it is beyond me there scoring points on the socially moral scale about traditions they don’t understand or effect there day to day life but it makes them feel “better” they don’t think about the thousands of hares shot after Waterloo cancelled or the hounds and horses that will be put down if hunt kennels close 

What pup have you got a gundog? There will no flying under the radar with lurchers if this goes through

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lurcher works days are numbered, in a society where we send people to prison for “hurty words” there’s just no way you can make a case for letting dogs kill wild life……nobody is buying what you are se

Not in the slightest but it beggars belief that this country is so offended by a dog nailing a rabbit or any thing else for that matter. I am in wales but sure enough it won't be long before it rolls

Seems to me the Scottish lurcher/fieldsports community need to go on the offensive as the Irish did/do, rather than sitting back moaning about what is surely inevitable otherwise. The starting point i

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

No one trying to get the ball rolling to counter this nonsense???

Get a move on...I got a place booked up there next season...and will be running wtf I like???

Have you been before ?

So no license if you use less than two dogs so ferreting is ok and trail hunting will be ended so that is packs done :( 
It has a long way to go yet though so hopefully they stop it 

Edited by terryd
2 hours ago, terryd said:

So no license if you use less than two dogs so ferreting is ok and trail hunting will be ended so that is packs done :( 

Not seeing much noise from Scottish lurcher owners on fb etc.

2 hours ago, terryd said:

But I don’t think it will if the intent or consequence is for the dog to catch the rabbit in any circumstance. As drafted lurcher work is effectively finished in Scotland. Only rats and mice are exempt.

There has been pressure from political lobbyists (Rabbits Have Rights is one) close to the Greens etc to end ‘rabbit coursing’ which of course we all know is a nonsense and that there is no such thing. 

The Scottish fieldsports/lurcher community are surprisingly apathetic and are doing almost nothing to counter the misinformation and/or defend this traditional form of pest control and sustainable harvesting of food north of the border. I know this having spoken to someone involved in the debates at Government level who says ‘almost nobody is doing anything’ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For many many years there has been an attitude of “ look at those lot on the fens , f***ing spoiling it , travellers , pikeys , matching , bringing it on top for all of us , do it proper , permission , wink wink , I fly under the radar , even my neighbours don’t know I have dogs “ 

this CIA level tradecraft to go f***ing lamping rabbits has led to this . 

The door is shutting boys , and instead it will be those who never gave a f**k in the first place to fly the flag . 

ironic really 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2022 at 08:47, omegathelast said:

I understand what you are thinking but why keep your head down? You are defending something that is perfectly legal and entirely justifiable at present and, frankly, something that doesn’t bother most ordinary people in society. This has all come as a result of the deal Sturgeon did with the Greens to support her independence dream. 

It will be nothing short of a disaster for anyone who wants to work a lurcher in Scotland if the Act is passed and a sad day. 

Because personally I’m not the face to fight this fight I’ve my own business which keeps a roof over my family’s head might loose less customers if I stood for BNP with the snowflakes moving down from the city’s and social meeting bandwagon jumping just so they can show face at school gates in morning 

plus anyone digging would find with my record from my teenage years to early twenty’s would be proved right on there criminal element claims 

sad thing is I wouldn’t after that be given a platform to tell the same plebs how working dogs and this countryside turned that around or the passion that I have for it 

when it comes in I’ll come of here sell the books delete Facebook pages and play dumb rescue dog or something sad but if that’s what I’ve got to do that’s what I’ll do simple 

• 2 months later...