Scotland hunting act

Basc and the like I guess are rolling over. I love this on there site

"This Bill, if passed unchanged, will have minimal impact on those of us who use one or two dogs in the countryside for pest control, game shooting, wildfowling or deer stalking. "

So in other words screw the rabbit man us shooting folk are fine thanks

Bloody disgrace 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lurcher works days are numbered, in a society where we send people to prison for “hurty words” there’s just no way you can make a case for letting dogs kill wild life……nobody is buying what you are se

Not in the slightest but it beggars belief that this country is so offended by a dog nailing a rabbit or any thing else for that matter. I am in wales but sure enough it won't be long before it rolls

Seems to me the Scottish lurcher/fieldsports community need to go on the offensive as the Irish did/do, rather than sitting back moaning about what is surely inevitable otherwise. The starting point i

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, terryd said:

Basc and the like I guess are rolling over. I love this on there site

"This Bill, if passed unchanged, will have minimal impact on those of us who use one or two dogs in the countryside for pest control, game shooting, wildfowling or deer stalking. "

So in other words screw the rabbit man us shooting folk are fine thanks

Bloody disgrace 

Did you genuinely expect anything else mate ? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Did you genuinely expect anything else mate ? 

Not in the slightest but it beggars belief that this country is so offended by a dog nailing a rabbit or any thing else for that matter. I am in wales but sure enough it won't be long before it rolls around and when that time comes they can go duck them selves 

• Like 3

The sneaky bit is if a landowner gives permission they get fined too. As we know farmers hate agro and grief and spending money even more. So most will yank there permissions and then things really get tricky 

3 hours ago, terryd said:

The sneaky bit is if a landowner gives permission they get fined too. As we know farmers hate agro and grief and spending money even more. So most will yank there permissions and then things really get tricky 

Mate sent me this yesterday games f****d up here ... will it stop us....will it feck keep it lit lads .... was a boy on here trying to get us give our hard earned dough to the pink cord check shirt brigade... truth is they don’t want us rough lot.... but that mob are next shooting and fishing be down the swanny soon enough 

D23C6311-2A25-449C-8B61-0C690064CF46.jpeg

• Like 1

Seems to me the Scottish lurcher/fieldsports community need to go on the offensive as the Irish did/do, rather than sitting back moaning about what is surely inevitable otherwise. The starting point is to get rabbits exempted in the emerging bill as in the current legislation. Catching rabbits with birds of prey will remain lawful, for example, so why is there a proposed ban on dogs; that’s not a question for here but one of many to present to MSP’s etc. 

• Like 3

Well I emailed basc and they rang me today in fairness . Nothing much will change if it does go through and you can still use one or two dogs to flush hunt and catch a rabbit for example.

He also said when the government or Basc ask for the surveys to be filled out it is important we do so as they take notice. For example one was sent out in Wales recently to do with game birds and out of 7000 members in wales only 200 did it.

So they are trying 

On 14/03/2022 at 12:57, terryd said:

Well I emailed basc and they rang me today in fairness . Nothing much will change if it does go through and you can still use one or two dogs to flush hunt and catch a rabbit for example.

He also said when the government or Basc ask for the surveys to be filled out it is important we do so as they take notice. For example one was sent out in Wales recently to do with game birds and out of 7000 members in wales only 200 did it.

So they are trying 

I hope they are right in terms of being able to catch rabbits with dogs but that’s not how I read it. Yes you can hunt and flush (to a gun) utilising the exemptions but I’m pretty sure conventional lurcher work would fall foul of the legislation and be unlawful if Act is passed. 

• Like 1
On 14/03/2022 at 12:57, terryd said:

So they are trying 

Having looked at this again, this can’t be right; it will definitely be unlawful to hunt rabbits with a dog. So catching rabbits with a lurcher, whippet or terrier will be illegal in Scotland. 

I’m absolutely astounded how little reaction to this proposed measure there is, even in publications like CM and zero commentary from the CA etc. Perhaps worse the Scottish lurcher community seem content to just sit back and see there way of life taken away in a matter of months by a few misinformed and prejudiced politicians being pressured by highly motivated animal rights groups. Crazy. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, omegathelast said:

Having looked at this again, this can’t be right; it will definitely be unlawful to hunt rabbits with a dog. So catching rabbits with a lurcher, whippet or terrier will be illegal in Scotland. 

I’m absolutely astounded how little reaction to this proposed measure there is, even in publications like CM and zero commentary from the CA etc. Perhaps worse the Scottish lurcher community seem content to just sit back and see there way of life taken away in a matter of months by a few misinformed and prejudiced politicians being pressured by highly motivated animal rights groups. Crazy. 

Is there no one spearheading any action,cmon lads

1 hour ago, omegathelast said:

The way I see it is play the game and play it right the boys on fens since ban have carried on and worked with in restrictions 

hunts have done the same with gun packs owls etc they’ve had least change so far and killed more foxes per day out 

me myself have a 5 month old pup first in 8 years that I’m going to be serious with work wise I’ve cleared out all my books unfollowed everything on Facebook will get rid of this when time come and shotgun license applied for and I’ll “work within the regulations” 

there’s not a body or group up here that have any leavarge and why would I choose to put my head above the parapet and not be able to move 

These animal lovers have no clue and how they have the energy or time to give that much of a feck about it is beyond me there scoring points on the socially moral scale about traditions they don’t understand or effect there day to day life but it makes them feel “better” they don’t think about the thousands of hares shot after Waterloo cancelled or the hounds and horses that will be put down if hunt kennels close 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, omegathelast said:

I think the basc guy thought this would give us what we need

The use of one or two dogs to “search for, stalk or flush from cover a wild mammal, with the intention of killing it” to prevent serious damage to livestock, woodland or crops, or to prevent the spread of disease or to protect human health. You can also use two dogs to retrieve a wild mammal that has been killed.

But if that is right it means we have to put with the same shite as the shooting folks with the general licences. As if rabbits are a pest eating too much grass. I just cant see it panning out. Bloody disaster to be honest

14 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

The way I see it is play the game and play it right the boys on fens since ban have carried on and worked with in restrictions 

hunts have done the same with gun packs owls etc they’ve had least change so far and killed more foxes per day out 

me myself have a 5 month old pup first in 8 years that I’m going to be serious with work wise I’ve cleared out all my books unfollowed everything on Facebook will get rid of this when time come and shotgun license applied for and I’ll “work within the regulations” 

there’s not a body or group up here that have any leavarge and why would I choose to put my head above the parapet and not be able to move 

These animal lovers have no clue and how they have the energy or time to give that much of a feck about it is beyond me there scoring points on the socially moral scale about traditions they don’t understand or effect there day to day life but it makes them feel “better” they don’t think about the thousands of hares shot after Waterloo cancelled or the hounds and horses that will be put down if hunt kennels close 

I understand what you are thinking but why keep your head down? You are defending something that is perfectly legal and entirely justifiable at present and, frankly, something that doesn’t bother most ordinary people in society. This has all come as a result of the deal Sturgeon did with the Greens to support her independence dream. 

It will be nothing short of a disaster for anyone who wants to work a lurcher in Scotland if the Act is passed and a sad day. 

• Like 1

Lurcher works days are numbered, in a society where we send people to prison for “hurty words” there’s just no way you can make a case for letting dogs kill wild life……nobody is buying what you are selling with that one in the modern world.

Its a piss easy target for governments rather than dealing with real, serious stuff.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1