bench press

1 minute ago, McVey said:

Yeah I've used em, being a thick set lad my BMI readings were in the mid to late 20's even though my abs were visible.

I think everyone benefits from carrying less timber tbh.

It’s mad ain’t it you see the 8 stone boxers and there toned to feck spose it’s all just working out ect

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No thats absolutely right mate of course it takes years and years of lifting to reach such heavy poundages,building not only the muscular strength needed but more importantly the tendon and ligament s

I`ve been watching him for some time now,getting close to Julius Maddox` World record.All he has to do now is do it in a competition.Julius is also peaking for a competiition soon so watch this space.

for those interested in lifting or strength sports... the bench press record was beaten yesterday....its an unofficial record as its set in a gym rather than in a comp...the record was 349 kilo o

Posted Images

Just now, McVey said:

Many of those 8 stone boxers bang on weight though mate in between fights.

Yeah but they still light as f**k ain’t they all genetics ain’t it  imagine me walking about at 15 stone id be one fat c**t and im far from skinny not a rib in sight ?

4 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

It’s mad ain’t it you see the 8 stone boxers and there toned to feck spose it’s all just working out ect

My youngest boy is one of those feckers that makes you sick he’s around 10/11 stone  6ft eats shit smokes to much weed and drinks like a fish but when he takes his shirt off he looks like he lives in the gym, he grafts like a machine all day but does no other exercise at all, the worlds not fair mate you can only play the hand your dealt?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Started back at the gym today had my readings done anyone know what the feck it all means @gnasher16

BFDA3DFA-E1F1-43A0-91C1-5911370A4A48.jpeg

the bit that says base metabolic rate ...means thats the amount of calories it takes for you to stay the exact same weight....so in other words increase your calories from that and you will put weight on ....and vice versa...

but like has already been said....them machines are useless ....the only real way to know your base matabollic rate is to keep  a log of your calorie intake over a period of time....a good few weeks or longer with your weight not really changing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

the bit that says base metabolic rate ...means thats the amount of calories it takes for you to stay the exact same weight....so in other words increase your calories from that and you will put weight on ....and vice versa...

but like has already been said....them machines are useless ....the only real way to know your base matabollic rate is to keep  a log of your calorie intake over a period of time....a good few weeks or longer with your weight not really changing 

Cheers mate ????

Im probably the last person to be giving out advice the beer ive been hurling down my neck lately ?....but seriously,stay away from them machines mate ive said for years for anyone other than seasoned lifters dont get into the numbers game !

Quick little story about Body Composition Machines,back years ago i used to get loads of lifters asking questions about different stuff so decided we'd be the first gym in the area to get Body Composition Machines so folk could get their own answers......paid about 10k each for them,real state of the art stuff......only to be continually bombarded with even more questions than before about how to read them....lads walking round with printed readouts with no clue what they meant !!....eventually we had a Tanita rep in who i begged to replace them all with the type of basic ones in the post above ?

The types they are using today use 3D body scanning and BIA technology which is Bioelectrical Analysis something or other.... its a signal that passes through a hydrated muscle but meets resistance when it hits fat which gets put into scientific equations for the calculations depending on the frequencies....they penetrate cell membranes to measure electricity which determines a cells biological age....its proper mad shit that todays strength and conditioning coaches swear by but im of the old school opinion that they wont show as much as a simple blood count but hey,tech sells !!

In terms of the results you've posted Lurcherman its all pretty normal they are hard to read as some are in kg and some % so total body water for example for a mid 30's man should be 50 - 65 % so you'd have to work out the 43.5kg of 72.5kg as a percentage but it sounds about right anyway.........my advice would be dont get too carried away with numbers for now.

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im probably the last person to be giving out advice the beer ive been hurling down my neck lately ?....but seriously,stay away from them machines mate ive said for years for anyone other than seasoned lifters dont get into the numbers game !

Quick little story about Body Composition Machines,back years ago i used to get loads of lifters asking questions about different stuff so decided we'd be the first gym in the area to get Body Composition Machines so folk could get their own answers......paid about 10k each for them,real state of the art stuff......only to be continually bombarded with even more questions than before about how to read them....lads walking round with printed readouts with no clue what they meant !!....eventually we had a Tanita rep in who i begged to replace them all with the type of basic ones in the post above ?

The types they are using today use 3D body scanning and BIA technology which is Bioelectrical Analysis something or other.... its a signal that passes through a hydrated muscle but meets resistance when it hits fat which gets put into scientific equations for the calculations depending on the frequencies....they penetrate cell membranes to measure electricity which determines a cells biological age....its proper mad shit that todays strength and conditioning coaches swear by but im of the old school opinion that they wont show as much as a simple blood count but hey,tech sells !!

In terms of the results you've posted Lurcherman its all pretty normal they are hard to read as some are in kg and some % so total body water for example for a mid 30's man should be 50 - 65 % so you'd have to work out the 43.5kg of 72.5kg as a percentage but it sounds about right anyway.........my advice would be dont get too carried away with numbers for now.

Thanks mate just worked it out on the app and it says 60% water but not going to get caught up with that shit. After the advice on here and just crack on as usual it’s a new gym my old one was just basic this is all computerised rep counting machines ect so just going to do what I was doing before and enjoy the gym being within jogging distance from my house and see how I go. 

??????

13 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Thanks mate just worked it out on the app and it says 60% water but not going to get caught up with that shit. After the advice on here and just crack on as usual it’s a new gym my old one was just basic this is all computerised rep counting machines ect so just going to do what I was doing before and enjoy the gym being within jogging distance from my house and see how I go. 

??????

Good lad :thumbs:.......just dont go jackin it all in come Sept/Oct when the long sleeves and jumpers come back out ?

• Haha 1

Well what a shit read.

Tried my best to stick with it, some lads are strong.......big or not. 

If u need to measure strength in Kgs and water retention you aren't in the same bracket that I hold a strong man in.

Strength is in the mind.

Rip a tit off if thats ur thing. Dunt do owt for me. ?