bench press

for those interested in lifting or strength sports...

the bench press record was beaten yesterday....its an unofficial record as its set in a gym rather than in a comp...the record was 349 kilo or 770 lb....the new record is 365 or 804 lb..

heres a vid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No thats absolutely right mate of course it takes years and years of lifting to reach such heavy poundages,building not only the muscular strength needed but more importantly the tendon and ligament s

I`ve been watching him for some time now,getting close to Julius Maddox` World record.All he has to do now is do it in a competition.Julius is also peaking for a competiition soon so watch this space.

for those interested in lifting or strength sports... the bench press record was beaten yesterday....its an unofficial record as its set in a gym rather than in a comp...the record was 349 kilo o

Posted Images

I`ve been watching him for some time now,getting close to Julius Maddox` World record.All he has to do now is do it in a competition.Julius is also peaking for a competiition soon so watch this space.Good for the sport to have someone to push you to your limit.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Its not that long ago that 500 lb was a very respectable gym lift....300 lb on top of that doesnt bare thinking about.

jesus what gym did you go to...lol

3 plates was very good ..ad 4 plates outstanding...

51 minutes ago, TOMO said:

jesus what gym did you go to...lol

3 plates was very good ..ad 4 plates outstanding...

My own gym funny enough,infact it wasnt so much go there as live there at times......this was back when a 500 lb lift was still 4 plates as it was 55's back then....500 was always the benchmark between " you're an extremely strong chap " and " you need to be doing something with that ".

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

My own gym funny enough,infact it wasnt so much go there as live there at times......this was back when a 500 lb lift was still 4 plates as it was 55's back then....500 was always the benchmark between " you're an extremely strong chap " and " you need to be doing something with that ".

This may be a completely ridiculous question mate but it’s from a total “know nothing” in the subject so you will have to excuse me…..

I look at stuff like that lift and the weights you are talking about and wonder if some people just don’t have the bone structure for that ?……as in, 500lb pressing down on your arms could literally break bones?

Is it the case or is that a totally stupid thing to say ? Lol 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

This may be a completely ridiculous question mate but it’s from a total “know nothing” in the subject so you will have to excuse me…..

I look at stuff like that lift and the weights you are talking about and wonder if some people just don’t have the bone structure for that ?……as in, 500lb pressing down on your arms could literally break bones?

Is it the case or is that a totally stupid thing to say ? Lol 

No thats absolutely right mate of course it takes years and years of lifting to reach such heavy poundages,building not only the muscular strength needed but more importantly the tendon and ligament strength to hold it all together.....put your average man off the street under such weight and his skeleton will literally fold up on him through the joints.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Can them weights be lifted consistently without medicinally help? Either way it’s some serious achievement that I either think wilf is correct and some folk ( me included) just ain’t meant to lift that much, it’s a serious leap with what I’m capable of now to that 500, it’s never gonna happen, is it my mental state or waiting too late to start or is just a tall slender framed guy ain’t ever gonna be able to compete with somebody built for lifting ? 

I no a lad that is incredibly strong, has been like it since childhood I think it’s a genetic thing mate, he ain’t ripped or nothing like that just a beast, carrys 8 x 21ft scaffold tubes at a time off the back of the lorry, you can only make the most of what you got mate, ??

• Like 2

I can't imagine those sort of limits are being pushed without hormonal assistance, in addition to a genetic lottery win. Not that I care one bit, crack on superman!

Talking about the bodies being built for it and the entire anatomical chain, I saw a video of a similar sort of mental lift where the fellas tendon just went as soon as he started to lower it! :bad:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Can them weights be lifted consistently without medicinally help? Either way it’s some serious achievement that I either think wilf is correct and some folk ( me included) just ain’t meant to lift that much, it’s a serious leap with what I’m capable of now to that 500, it’s never gonna happen, is it my mental state or waiting too late to start or is just a tall slender framed guy ain’t ever gonna be able to compete with somebody built for lifting ? 

Body mechanics play a big part

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I can't imagine those sort of limits are being pushed without hormonal assistance, in addition to a genetic lottery win. Not that I care one bit, crack on superman!

Talking about the bodies being built for it and the entire anatomical chain, I saw a video of a similar sort of mental lift where the fellas tendon just went as soon as he started to lower it! :bad:

loads of them on youtube mate....larry wheels had a fella with him last year trying to bench 5 plates incline ...he popped his peck...

and scott memdelson ..powerlifter and arm wrestler ....theres a bit of old film of him doing it...and the next day the hole of his arm and chest shoulder are red with a masive bruise