Blast from the past

4 minutes ago, breeze said:

SC.... Always remember you posting about the black whippet mate, think you posted a short vid of him galloping alongside you on a quad. 

You never fancy another whippet then mate ?  Was he a pure bred ? 

Very good memory, I did indeed post a  video about ten years ago of him running next to that quad in the photo above when I was keepering. He was some dog. One day I’ll have another, I have so many fond memories of the dog, he did things I didn’t expect from a whippet, took fox and deer etc. And Christ we caught some rabbits. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RossM said:

I remember both, what happened to the teckel? 

She is old, fat and sassy and is now retired with my folks in Wales. Down here we don’t have the country for her, she’d have ended up hit on a road. So her retirement consists of eating, finding hedgehogs in the garden and taking them to my mum to put in a kennel to hibernate ? (they have a bit of a collection for release in spring) and getting let loose on the estate to rattle round the woods. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

21.5” TTS 22 if he stretched ? 

And I think he weighed just shy is 20kg, I think but could be wrong.

He punched far above his weight and both retired and died too young. 

20 kg is heavy for that height on a whippet frame, looks and sounds a good dog, I’ve a bitch similar breeding, same height about 15kg fit but still looks strong for breed, punches above her weight as well 

9 minutes ago, cantona said:

20 kg is heavy for that height on a whippet frame, looks and sounds a good dog, I’ve a bitch similar breeding, same height about 15kg fit but still looks strong for breed, punches above her weight as well 

I think he would have been in the 18kg area. He wasn’t the fastest of whippets, obviously really fast but not like a non ped race dog, but would hunt all day or run all night. Did some really good bags and was out all of the time all over the country. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

She is old, fat and sassy and is now retired with my folks in Wales. Down here we don’t have the country for her, she’d have ended up hit on a road. So her retirement consists of eating, finding hedgehogs in the garden and taking them to my mum to put in a kennel to hibernate ? (they have a bit of a collection for release in spring) and getting let loose on the estate to rattle round the woods. 

884E8409-39B6-45AF-9CE5-CA664B8DFC61.png

• Like 1