• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not kill but possibly catch something like this?  Probably not quite right with the exact details. Very possibly nowhere near!?   But it might give you some  ideas to play with . ?

Here a few examples from the US Trap Museum  

Yes, you and ken are correct.  It is a snare. The loop went over the trigger pan and was attached to each end bar that springs out. Apparently to catch and hold a rabbit by the leg. Had a better look

Posted Images

Hi jok, I think so, but not sure as it's in the fired position in the pic so cant make out how it would kill in the set position ? I'm guessing its American.  

Got it at a local auction last night in a job lot of traps.

Cant quite make the names out on the plate.

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

It's British. " Paige Trap ". It's a Mega. In that condition? 'Priceless'.

Expect incoming. Offering to take it off ye hands for a drink.

Ok Ken thanks, any idea on the writing on the bottom of the pan ? Model type perhaps ?

2 minutes ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

It's only about 18 inch long and the killing springs either either end are small mammal size

I was thinking the centre was some form of trigger pan and the ends were a foot snare support.Just guesswork, guess I was wrong ?

• Like 1

Dunno, mate. And I'm not gonna try and bluff.

It's not one I'm intimately familiar with. Think I've only ever seen one picture of one. The name was one of just a couple that popped into my head ~ ye know how the human brain does that shit. Looking at the left side of the thing gave me the answer, based on what I already had.

I'm doing a bit of off hand digging, as we speak. But, the fire's not there, with me. I'm just bored and curious.

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Dunno, mate. And I'm not gonna try and bluff.

It's not one I'm intimately familiar with. Think I've only ever seen one picture of one. The name was one of just a couple that popped into my head ~ ye know how the human brain does that shit. Looking at the left side of the thing gave me the answer, based on what I already had.

I'm doing a bit of off hand digging, as we speak. But, the fire's not there, with me. I'm just bored and curious.

Ok , well thanks for your help so far. Any more info would be welcomed. 

If it is what you think a price would be interesting but it wont be for sale, made that mistake with the 'sara' 

You that had a Sara, was it? Good christ, ye have some luck! First that. Now ye come up with This damn thing?! Jesus.

Ring the UK Patents Office. Bit of luck, ye can get through to one of their Librarians. Someone who eats, drinks and sleeps patents. They'll find it.

Tell them the name, PAIGE. Give them a date range of 1950 - 1970, give or take.

Or, if ye up for it? Do what I did, back in the days when I had the drive for it. Google Patents Office / Espace. That's like a library of world patents. I tried, earlier. Fukk that!

It'll be somewhere under " AOIM 23 ". There's ye starter for ten. I can't remember how to work that system any more. Fukked if I have the time or inclination to try again, now.

It'll be there though. Downloadable PDF with every tiny detail. It starts like this:

1955405775_MarriageTrapPatentDetails.JPG.dd6e273a50931bf5bbc8b3f2084bbaa4.JPG

6 hours ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

Any ideas what type of trap this is, what it's used for and how it works ?

20220215_081425.jpg

20220215_081415.jpg

It looks like the writing below the trigger plate reads or once read something like "THE IMANT" ,possibly  or something similar.?

Is there a spring below the hinge of the outer ring? 

Edited by comanche

Australia!!! I fukking Knew I'd seen one! :boogy: Bloke in Oz has (Had) one! God knows, He's probably fukking dead, by now. Old age and skin cancer's knocking those boys over like skittles.

Alex / Alec something. Martin? Alex Martin? Ran the Australian Trap Collectors Club.

Come on; I'm giving ye all I fukking have here! Push on! :yes: