The big lad's getting dog aggressive, anyone got any tips?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting the idea of gameness and aggression, greyhounds are game, they will drive their bodies to destruction to get contact with their quarry, well past the point most dogs would throw the towel

If the dog is that way inclined no amount of hidings will stop it. Either learn to live with it or don't. 

Let’s all just take a moment to show appreciation that Greb has had no input in this thread or it could be 1000x more cringe haha 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

makes me crease up blacky like his dog would be slipped on a roe at 100yds after a min and half ? 

I’ve never said mine are slipped at 100 yards on roe have I ? I doubt any of your coursing dogs on a day time hare are if your honest ?

But facts are ,you are fat and talk utter shit ?

• Haha 1

I will never have another dog with bull it even though mine is only a 1/4 Chances are its sod all to do with the bull and his basically a fruit cake coupled with poor handling on my part. But going on past experiences I have never had dogs with any bull in them and never had a problem before. But I do notice he has that terrier mentality. No hanging back 0 to 100 in a second and the old eyes glaze lol

21 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Not being a dog aggressive c**t. 

Look, I get what you’re saying. 

But I have seen some very very good bull xs, which were not dog aggressive and were laid back to f**k. They would all finish a fight for sure, but would not start them or be aggy with dogs for no reason.

My lot don’t take a lot to kick off if another dog is being a c**t, but none of them just want to grab other dogs for the fun of it. 

We used to have 4 or 5 bull x in moto with no problem really odd snap but a shut up lay down would sort dog's out , my pals old bull x was great with our pack but a c**t with other dogs ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Big Ron said:

I’ve never said mine are slipped at 100 yards on roe have I ? I doubt any of your coursing dogs on a day time hare are if your honest ?

But facts are ,you are fat and talk utter shit ?

a roe id slip on at 300 yds then wager you it’s finished we can always see if i talk shite mate 

i put a vid up a the dog getting slipped at about a 300yds a few week ago on the hardest fastest of uk quarry mate 

no shite talk from me ?

10 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Mchull s fave conditions 

7643D1D4-8C18-4F5A-973B-017AA6430058.jpeg

that’s water logged mate your not sinking ? 

mans they aren’t me favourite condition when your sinking i just give the mutts the most credit when there stopping them in the slop only a few can manage it 

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

what do you think i’m on about  dogs getting slipped at 100 yds an not been capable it’s only the length of a footy pitch on the local park  ? 

That's miles I like a slip of 3 yards or less 

If u want I'll race ya 100 yards for a grand 

In wellies ??

4 hours ago, tank34 said:

We used to have 4 or 5 bull x in moto with no problem really odd snap but a shut up lay down would sort dog's out , my pals old bull x was great with our pack but a c**t with other dogs ?

Same as, used to go hunting with 2 wheaten xs and a terrier in the boot of a Ford mondeo with out any problems and one of the lurchers was one of the best dogs I've ever owned. 

• Like 1

I exercise 5 terriers and a Wheaton bull lurcher everyday,in the back of the jeep without trouble..they don't go near another dog when it's eating or in another dogs run/kennel...I put food down for pups and they wouldn't dare snatch it..not hard when they know the craic ?

• Like 2