S510R needs a bit more zip

I'm quite surprised by this tbh. 

The gun is incredibly accurate, and very consistent, with a selection of my pre weighed collection (too much time on my hands) the deviation was tiny.... but it's only 10.3 ftlbs shooting the other day in Wind, it was taking noticeably more wind that my 97 shooting at 11.5ftlb with the same pellets. 

People have said to turn it up? 

It's regulated. Can I safely turn it up and rechrony it with a wide selection as I do my spring guns? Or should I call AA to see what they suggest. 

It's the slowest of all my airguns tbh. 

With no sound or recoil to notice seems a waste to not have it making safe power 

What do you all think? 

I had a hw100 k that was only 10 30 ftlbs

And was one of the most accurate rifles iv ever had 

Mind at first I was like that's no good to me, 

But went out with si shooting and a bag full of rabbits later 

I never bothered to put it up 

It was like a laser 

Bit gutted I sold her to be honest 

Get it out on the pray see what it's like you may get a surprise 

And leave it as is 

Power is not every thing 

Accuracy is and at 10,30 more than enough power to knock over a lot of stuff 

Atvbjimmy ???

2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I had a hw100 k that was only 10 30 ftlbs

And was one of the most accurate rifles iv ever had 

Mind at first I was like that's no good to me, 

But went out with si shooting and a bag full of rabbits later 

I never bothered to put it up 

It was like a laser 

Bit gutted I sold her to be honest 

Get it out on the pray see what it's like you may get a surprise 

And leave it as is 

Power is not every thing 

Accuracy is and at 10,30 more than enough power to knock over a lot of stuff 

Atvbjimmy ???

I'd usually agree with you mate. I'd not go hunting for power with an accurate Springer, I'd prefer lower recoil. But the drop is noticeable and it takes more wind. It was blustering a bit when it settled it knocked in some decent groups in the wind it was more blown I'm sure. The drop quite noticeable on my dots from the 97 to the Ultimate, on same mag. 

I called AA and the tech man said, its not right, it's supposed to be higher asked me to check the breach o ring. Or get it back to em. 

Taking it indoors this week we'll see if I can be doing with it. 

Thanks for replying as ever mate. You know I enjoy chatting to ya ;)

I'm sure skot wolf had the same bother with his when it was new 

And had to send it back to AA

Maybe worth giving him a shout Jake 

Worth a go mate 

May save you a long wait on it coming back 

And I like reading ur posts mate 

Atvbjimmy ???

5 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I'm sure skot wolf had the same bother with his when it was new 

And had to send it back to AA

Maybe worth giving him a shout Jake 

Worth a go mate 

May save you a long wait on it coming back 

And I like reading ur posts mate 

Atvbjimmy ???

Thanks mate! 

They've told me to get it back to em. I'm going to shoot a load over it soon as I've got a few days off shooting and some ranges booked. Will record the strings off every pellet through the reg as it goes down in pressure. 

It's a nice gun mate. Accurate, I don't care what club anyone is a member off. My Springers ate bang on and I take ages over preload and re springing re sealing until its consistent, so I know what 11.5 With AA 8.4 feels like.. It punches through the cable real ply in the back garden and it flies dead flat and takes little wind at all in close 9.9 isn't as flat and takes more wind. And I love got a big pile of old lead that says I know what I'm talking about to be Frank Jimmy mate. 

• Like 1
On 19/02/2022 at 07:38, villaman said:

If you know what you are talking about 

then you know it’s under powered and needs to go back ??

It's gone back. 

When I got it on the range for an extended period over the Chrono, it was NOT consistent after all. I did manage a 1p sized group but it was 9.8 to 11. 5... Really bad. It would make single hole groups and then hit much higher or lower power than the 10.4 Ave and ruin the group. Really disappointed, but the warranty will take care of it. 

• Like 1
On 21/02/2022 at 11:54, JakeFury said:

It's gone back. 

When I got it on the range for an extended period over the Chrono, it was NOT consistent after all. I did manage a 1p sized group but it was 9.8 to 11. 5... Really bad. It would make single hole groups and then hit much higher or lower power than the 10.4 Ave and ruin the group. Really disappointed, but the warranty will take care of it. 

My s510 ultimate sporter, regulated.. .22 .. had to go back to air arms after a few weeks of having it from brand new. The power if i remember was fine at around 11.3 ftlb.. but it was the accuracy for me. Allover the shop.. me and a freind thought it was an issue with the Reg but after it came back from air arms they had put a new barrel on it! It shoots pretty bang on now tho so all good. 

On a side note, my mate got a brand new s510 other week, black soft touch one in.177 not the regulated one... when you pulled the sidelever out to cock the rifle it was really loose and flailing around allover the place.. local gunshop said they had had a few like that sent back so maybe a dodgy batch?

18 hours ago, SKoT wolf said:

My s510 ultimate sporter, regulated.. .22 .. had to go back to air arms after a few weeks of having it from brand new. The power if i remember was fine at around 11.3 ftlb.. but it was the accuracy for me. Allover the shop.. me and a freind thought it was an issue with the Reg but after it came back from air arms they had put a new barrel on it! It shoots pretty bang on now tho so all good. 

On a side note, my mate got a brand new s510 other week, black soft touch one in.177 not the regulated one... when you pulled the sidelever out to cock the rifle it was really loose and flailing around allover the place.. local gunshop said they had had a few like that sent back so maybe a dodgy batch?

Well, I was thinking about getting a 410 as well... the air arms guy was very enthusiastic about his own product. But when I spoke to the RFD he told me that my gun was one of two they sold very recently, and both have been returned. 

I had to really take a leap to buy an Air Arms I'm really struggling with the money vs quality argument at the moment. The BSA quality control also being dreadful in my own experience if you can't put the barrel shims in a simple Springer how you gonna cope with a regd multishot Pcp... I think FX guns look dreadful, not a fan of the giant bottle, reminding me of the early compressed air guns with a vertical bottle, the Daystate electronic trigger turns me off like a dead battery and the Revere looks like an industrial pump dressed in Walnut. 

Put it this way, AA better come through for me, as I can't see how else I can own a PCP without moaning about it a lot. The HWs are fugly too.... Archh