Hunting attire/interview

Evening every one I’m due for a job interview at a kennel and have been invited out for a days hunting. How ever I haven’t been hunting for a while due to work and as such have no hunting attire left. My question is do you think it would be acceptable to turn up to what is in effect a job interview in a rat catcher as I don’t really have the current funds to spend on a whole new set off hunting attire 

12 hours ago, Harry255 said:

Evening every one I’m due for a job interview at a kennel and have been invited out for a days hunting. How ever I haven’t been hunting for a while due to work and as such have no hunting attire left. My question is do you think it would be acceptable to turn up to what is in effect a job interview in a rat catcher as I don’t really have the current funds to spend on a whole new set off hunting attire 

Are you riding or on foot? If its a mounted interview then yes ratcatcher is fine, many people wear it all winter now. 

If on foot then smart jeans, check shirt and a tie is fine I'd say 

If it's just an interview, and not a "trade test" , just dress smart/casual.

As for the days riding, either wear what you would normally wear or ask the prospective employer what the dress code is 👍

You wouldn't attend a job interview to be a mechanic in a boiler suit, would you ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

It doesn't hurt to dress as they will be dressed. Tattershall shirt, moleskins or corduroy trousers, brogues, etc. Consider looking in charity shops for a cheap costume. Doesn't matter if it is worn as long as it is  clean. 

When I used to drive round Nth. Yorkshire asking farmers for shooting permission that is how I dressed. First impressions count for a lot.

If not, then as has been suggested; smart casual.

• Like 2
On 17/02/2022 at 19:52, Nicepix said:

It doesn't hurt to dress as they will be dressed. Tattershall shirt, moleskins or corduroy trousers, brogues, etc. Consider looking in charity shops for a cheap costume. Doesn't matter if it is worn as long as it is  clean. 

When I used to drive round Nth. Yorkshire asking farmers for shooting permission that is how I dressed. First impressions count for a lot.

If not, then as has been suggested; smart casual.

I’m riding I know what to wear but sold all my hunting attire a few years ago so have had to beg borrow and steal what ever I could  hacking jacket plain white shirt stock and beige breeches was more as it’s a job interview and I will be meeting the masters as well but I just don’t have the funds to buy a dark coat vest ect ect 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Harry255 said:

I’m riding I know what to wear but sold all my hunting attire a few years ago so have had to beg borrow and steal what ever I could  hacking jacket plain white shirt stock and beige breeches was more as it’s a job interview and I will be meeting the masters as well but I just don’t have the funds to buy a dark coat vest ect ect 

Your not from Yorkshire are you? PFH? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Harry255 said:

Are there any equine s/h shops near you? 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, whitefeet4190 said:

There’s loads of jobs in hunt service out there now 

Who would want the job with the state of hunting now. Since leaked webinars etc