Jimmy Carr

Recently there has been a few good discussions and threads that have stayed fairly respectful.... 

....so was Jimmy Carrs joke about travellers and the holocaust acceptable or not? Should he be 'cancelled'? 

Where do we draw the line and who draws it? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the "Professionaly Outraged" are a bit late on this one. He said, what some would consider, far worse about gypsies, back when Dale Farm was all over the news, on his 8 out of 10 cats pro

Free speech is always acceptable, if you don’t like the bloke don’t watch him, everyone today seems to want to be offended by something or someone, put it down to the internet we’re cowards and Shiite

I rarely read the news anymore but I started thinking about this as I'd seen a headline pop up about a discussion on this subject between a traveller and another comedian. The other comedian was Jewis

Posted Images

Cancelling is thought crime, defo not, its not like hes calling for public beheadings or rape of young girls etc etc, cancel culture by the terminally offended will eat itself after theres nothing left to cancel, just another weird term created by freaks, weirdo and all round nosey ba$tards that dont have a life if their own outside sitting stalking people on the net, if these freaks would just turn the gadgets off and go outside then they wouldnt have any reason to cry

• Like 5

I don't find him particularly funny, he's purely out to shock people, I think if people want to pay to watch him and he can make a living from it why not , would I go to see him, nope. Don't mind 9/10 cats etc but more for the guess comedians and quite liked Sean lock and couple of others. I don't get cancel culture, turn it off if you don't like it. Freedom of speech is a big part of our western ideals , and I don't want some snowflake/BLM/woke jobless hippy student telling me what I can say/do /watch....

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Recently there has been a few good discussions and threads that have stayed fairly respectful.... 

....so was Jimmy Carrs joke about travellers and the holocaust acceptable or not? Should he be 'cancelled'? 

Where do we draw the line and who draws it? 

Free speech is always acceptable, if you don’t like the bloke don’t watch him, everyone today seems to want to be offended by something or someone, put it down to the internet we’re cowards and Shiite houses thrive and spread there poison ?

• Like 6

I think the "Professionaly Outraged" are a bit late on this one.

He said, what some would consider, far worse about gypsies, back when Dale Farm was all over the news, on his 8 out of 10 cats program.

If this latest nonsense wasn't linked to the holocast, we wouldn't have been aware of it.

If you ban the likes of Carr and Chubby Brown, where does it lead ? Nish Kumar and other woke, anti Tory, anti Brexit "comedians" are all that would be left !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, Borr said:

I don't find him particularly funny, he's purely out to shock people, I think if people want to pay to watch him and he can make a living from it why not , would I go to see him, nope. Don't mind 9/10 cats etc but more for the guess comedians and quite liked Sean lock and couple of others. I don't get cancel culture, turn it off if you don't like it. Freedom of speech is a big part of our western ideals , and I don't want some snowflake/BLM/woke jobless hippy student telling me what I can say/do /watch....

Yeh, he shocks me alright, what a horrible jumped up never come down excuse of a man, worlds over populated and theres plebs like him drawing same fresh air as me, eh ,    zyclon bs the answer 

• Haha 1

I think you can  tell a joke about anything once or twice as your ment to see a joke as a joke. 

There are topics I don't like jokes made about as they can be close to home but hey if it's funny it's funny and I'll get over one or two .

• Like 2

Saw him on the seafront bout 10 years back, got tickets given so thought I’d have a look , most of the show was funny then he got on about disabled kids  and that was enough for me.. wasn’t funny in the slightest!

you could see people cringing:(

im surprised he dint get bottled off the stage.

im all for taking the piss but there’s limits 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

He's as funny as a dose of genital warts?

But do you think he should be 'cancelled' for the joke and if so where do we draw the line and who draws it. 

I'm guessing if he suggested that edl members should be gassed there would be no outrage......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dinosaurs said:

What was the actual joke?? Atb

I did see it but can't actually remember the joke properly....something about people dying in the holocaust but the gypsy's not counting something....along those lines