only difference is we had 50 more countrys joining in lol

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

Kim jong un … xi of China and putin didn’t know what to make of trump … would he bomb them would he ban all imports from their country would he massively sanction them … and that uncertainty i what st

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, paulus said:

We trained them though, After the Russians withdrew, We left them to there own devices, They went back to the poppy trade after we stopped financing them,  They then became the Taliban, So its all our fault Lol, 

and we’re the gaffer  in the poppy trade always have been lol

Just now, mC HULL said:

there were about 50 countrys fighting iraq not just the usa and to be fair they accomplished there aim to kill saddam and get the oil back been sold in us dollars

but they never brought democracy lol or left it a better place then when they started 

You said they couldn’t defeat Iraq. The Coalition , led by the US, slaughtered them. 
I could see the effects of “shock and awe” from 100 miles away. Their armoured columns were completely destroyed as they turned tail and ran for home, their air defences were useless and their airforces destroyed on the ground. Their Scud missiles were ineffective.

I think it’s fair to say they were defeated !

Cheers.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

You said they couldn’t defeat Iraq. The Coalition , led by the US, slaughtered them. 
I could see the effects of “shock and awe” from 100 miles away. Their armoured columns were completely destroyed as they turned tail and ran for home, their air defences were useless and their airforces destroyed on the ground. Their Scud missiles were ineffective.

Cheers.

No no no no!!

Mc saw it all from Hull... you being in Saudi, first hand viewing means nothing...you know the game by now surely!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

they were defeated in the opening battles but did the usa win the war chart is iraq a democratic country that love the usa for giving them freedom lol 

same as afghan they won loads a battles but the taliban are still in power they won the war 

27 minutes ago, TOMO said:

remind me how well Russia did defeating the Mujahideen in Afghanistan 

They would have succeeded had we not provided the mujahideen with side winder missiles which they later used to great affect against us when as paulus says we changed there name to the taliban so the masses would believe more of the bullshit they were being fed that it was a new enemy and not an ally we had been funding for years ?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

No no no no!!

Mc saw it all from Hull... you being in Saudi, first hand viewing means nothing...you know the game by now surely!!

i know you country folk struggle to acknowledge things you can’t get your head around 

you can win a hundred battles what matters is  who is standing at the end 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

they were defeated in the opening battles but did the usa win the war chart is iraq a democratic country that love the usa for giving them freedom lol 

same as afghan they won loads a battles but the taliban are still in power they won the war 

Of course they won the war in a Iraq !!!
The Iraqi military was comprehensively beaten, it was totally one sided. What happened afterwards has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the war.

I think what you may mean is “We won the war…..but lost the peace”, but it’s pointless discussing it with you if you keep moving the goalposts !

I was there, and I can categorically say we won the war.

I never mentioned Afghanistan.

Cheers.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The Iraqi military was comprehensively beaten, it was totally one sided. What happened afterwards has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the war.

I think what you may mean is “We won the war…..but lost the peace”, but it’s pointless discussing it with you if you keep moving the goalposts !

Cheers.

Was Told Some horrific stories and pictures of how the Republican Guard were slaughtered whilst retreating in column's through a pass with the Yanks on one side and Us on the other. One American Abrahams  tank destroyed over 40 T62`s in one battle, 

12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

what happens after id say has every bearing mate insurgencies are part of war 

you can’t hammer them for 6month and think you won the war when there still attacking you and ready to fight ten years later ? you won battles but you pull out you lost the war most of bathist party went on to become isis and there still in iraq now 

but killing saddam and returning oil sales to dollars they did what there main goals were 

afghan they lost without a doubt the same are in power as when we started it 

Just now, paulus said:

Was Told Some horrific stories and pictures of how the Republican Guard were slaughtered whilst retreating in column's through a pass with the Yanks on one side and Us on the other. One American Abrahams  tank destroyed over 40 T62`s in one battle, 

I saw official photos of the destruction that the American A10 Warthogs wrought on the retreating Iraqi armoured columns and spoke to some of the pilots. Like shooting fish in a barrel was how they described it.

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I saw official photos of the destruction that the American A10 Warthogs wrought on the retreating Iraqi armoured columns and spoke to some of the pilots. Like shooting fish in a barrel was how they described it.

Cheers.

I saw pictures that some of the lads took, Horrific. i know war is horrific but this was on another level, 

The comparison between Ukraine and Iraq is a good one and one I’ve been keenly making since Russia first moved last year.

Iraq was logistically a more ambitious objective for the coalition than Ukraine  is for Russia. And yet Iraq was comprehensively conquered within weeks…

The greater political policy will forever be judged as a failure though. Militarily it was a huge success, politically it was a disaster.

Russia failed to achieve the same level of military success. 

• Like 3
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3