Russia Ukraine WW3

6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Tried to watch RTE news hoping to listen to the Russian view on things. Damn me its been taken down. I know I'm naive, but I thought censorship like this only happened in  Russia, China or North Korea?

Mate, we have been censoring speech and literature for years…….why has nobody seemed to notice ?

• Like 2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Educate me Wilf.

Speech……there are laws against speech where the parameters are so loose and so wide that they can basically mean anything the accuser wants them too……that is censorship of ALL speech !

Books like “Mien Kampf” have been banned for years, now I don’t particularly want to read it because it’s probably shit but the fact that I can’t even if I want to is an outrage in a so called “free” society…..I don’t know what other literature is in the banned list but I bet that won’t be the only book.

None of the above is new or even recent.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, baker boy said:

80% of the public commenting on the Ukraine couldnt have stuck a pin in it on a map 6 weeks ago

Mates wife has taken this Ukraine thing really hard, it's proper cutting her up. She has put her name down to house some refugees. I suggested she could house some Iraqis, Syrians or even a tribe of Africans from Dover. This suggestion apparently makes me a racist nazi. 

Its amazing how people are behaving and how easy it is to control what people think. 

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, WILF said:

Speech……there are laws against speech where the parameters are so loose and so wide that they can basically mean anything the accuser wants them too……that is censorship of ALL speech !

Books like “Mien Kampf” have been banned for years, now I don’t particularly want to read it because it’s probably shit but the fact that I can’t even if I want to is an outrage in a so called “free” society…..I don’t know what other literature is in the banned list but I bet that won’t be the only book.

It's more of a grey area of free speech, but if you consider that large social media platforms are as much a part of the power structure governing democratic countries as the houses of parliament then there's been considerable effort from these to censor views that do not fit. Traditionalists take the view that these SM companies are private entities and so not subject to free-speech but I think society has evolved and we need to consider that government extends beyond parliament. I'm not sure where I stand on it tbh.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

I thought Mien Kampf was banned in Germany and Russia but is available in the U.K.

Cheers.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I thought Mien Kampf was banned in Germany and Russia but is available in the U.K.

Cheers.

I stand corrected mate, thank you 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Mein Kampf has been  available for some years now. The German Government held the copyright but that has expired.

7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Mein Kampf has been  available for some years now. The German Government held the copyright but that has expired.

I think my mistake was an overheard debate about banning it, time and confusion……the old noggin makes these mistakes more and more of late ! Lol ? 

7 minutes ago, kanny said:

What do you reckon about Putin's latest state TV appearance?, he seems a little grumpy,  I think someone is missing his egg McMuffin.

I think when he renewed his car insurance, he only had one more meerkat to complete the full set ,then they went and stopped it, that kind of shit would make the most mild mannered man want to invade his neighbour, I,ve been onto compare the market myself and told them the same, give me my Oleg toy or I,m off down the channel to invade steepholme within the month??

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, kanny said:

What do you reckon about Putin's latest state TV appearance?, he seems a little grumpy,  I think someone is missing his egg McMuffin.

I expect that is edited to just show the bad bits but what is shown sounds totalitarian. I'm fascinated to see how this plays out.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think my mistake was an overheard debate about banning it, time and confusion……the old noggin makes these mistakes more and more of late ! Lol ? 

I'm surprised that you didn't get the Reader's Digest Club edition ?

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3