Russia Ukraine WW3

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

Kim jong un … xi of China and putin didn’t know what to make of trump … would he bomb them would he ban all imports from their country would he massively sanction them … and that uncertainty i what st

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Well, by this point in '03 the yanks had taken the capital of Iraq and the entire country would be under occupation a week later.

Iraq was better armed and logistically way more challenging than Ukraine. The Russians are shelling Kyiv and civilian centres now, and it's becoming harder to explain those as legitimate military strikes or mistakes, so it really does seem that arguments that Putin is playing soft are incorrect. The Russian military is just not what Joe Bloggs had imagined it to be, or as the USAF recently said, they're a "near-peer competitor".

The Russians have always been over estimated in their military and technology. This was useful to countries wanting an excuse to arm themselves  more than necessary. Back in the Vietnam days the Yanks were claiming that the Foxbat plane had sophisticated anti-missile cefences systems that prevented American fighters locking their air to air missilss on them. Turned out the Foxbat hadn't got a radar let alone a defence system. We were told that the Russians were as advanced as the West. Yet all they could sell us were Lada cars and Zenit cameras. 

The only reason they didn't fall to Germany in WW2 is that winter came a few weeks early.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

The Russians have always been over estimated in their military and technology. This was useful to countries wanting an excuse to arm themselves  more than necessary. Back in the Vietnam days the Yanks were claiming that the Foxbat plane had sophisticated anti-missile cefences systems that prevented American fighters locking their air to air missilss on them. Turned out the Foxbat hadn't got a radar let alone a defence system. We were told that the Russians were as advanced as the West. Yet all they could sell us were Lada cars and Zenit cameras. 

The only reason they didn't fall to Germany in WW2 is that winter came a few weeks early.

Remember "Concordski" ?

The Russians tried to beat the U.K. and France by building a bigger, faster supersonic passenger jet, to show their superior technical prowess.

The result ? A catastrophic structural failure and crash at the Paris Airshow.

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

We shouldn’t judge everyone by ourselves mate, and I’m not being smart with that comment ?

Maybe his people are right behind him?, maybe not everyone is willing to put up with any amount of shit as long as the money roles in ? 
Maybe their nation comes before a few quid ?

We just don’t know, but the fact that our prides always for sale don’t mean everyone’s is ?

Is it right to be invading and shelling civilian targets killing men women and children for a USSR pipe dream of a few delusional politicians and generals? He's killing European children...I don't know where you're coming from.

2 minutes ago, Borr said:

Is it right to be invading and shelling civilian targets killing men women and children for a USSR pipe dream of a few delusional politicians and generals? He's killing European children...I don't know where you're coming from.

Of course it’s not right, but the fact of life is war causes casualties…..if we don’t provoke the war then there won’t be any casualties.

Nobody starts a war because they feel like it mate.

We may disagree about the reasons but war is a calculated act.

4 minutes ago, Borr said:

Russia certainly has a different outlook on cost of life as seen time and again, people mean nothing to them same as China...

I’d argue they are the same as anyone else, they maybe just ain’t as subtle about it.

49 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Can't do alot when your fuel freezes for 4 months of the yr??

30 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Remember "Concordski" ?

The Russians tried to beat the U.K. and France by building a bigger, faster supersonic passenger jet, to show their superior technical prowess.

The result ? A catastrophic structural failure and crash at the Paris Airshow.

Cheers.

Wasn't it much the same with the Russian version of the Harrier? 

Not sure if it has already been mentioned on here but this is an interesting development...

Mr Zelensky said Ukrainians now understood they could not join Nato: "We have heard for years that the doors were open, but we also heard that we could not join. It's a truth and it must be recognised. I am glad that our people are beginning to understand this and rely on themselves and our partners who help us."

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3