Russia Ukraine WW3

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The equivalent in the UK would be the regular reserve (ex forces) being pulled from their project management and landscaping jobs to be given a quick refresher course and sent to war. It's unthinkable really.

Miss out the refresher course and that's about it. Straight to the fighting units.

Flights from Moscow are fully booked and neighbouring countries have said that they will not give sanctuary to fleeing conscripts. Apart from anything else they will struggle to equip, arm and feed them on the front lines. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

Kim jong un … xi of China and putin didn’t know what to make of trump … would he bomb them would he ban all imports from their country would he massively sanction them … and that uncertainty i what st

Posted Images

We need to give this dude a way out now, the politicians have Ukraine in their pocket, they ain’t never paying this back in a month of Sundays…..mineral rights all round chaps, cheers ? 

Allow Putin to save some face, let’s not have an attack of hubris and try and do in Russia……Russia is historically the rock that military threats break on ! 

Our politicians picked this war, now let’s fashion an exit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

We need to give this dude a way out now, the politicians have Ukraine in their pocket, they ain’t never paying this back in a month of Sundays…..mineral rights all round chaps, cheers ? 

Allow Putin to save some face, let’s not have an attack of hubris and try and do in Russia……Russia is historically the rock that military threats break on ! 

Our politicians picked this war, now let’s fashion an exit.

Completely agree, except I don't think the West is trying to do in Russia. They're just taking the opportunity to degrade them in neutral territory by proxy. At any time Russia can withdraw to the safety of their sovereign territory safe from military attack from or supported by the West. Those are the time served rules of this great game that everyone understands.

Putin is likely trying to twist this to make it appear that the West has legitimately broken this rule, by way of having the Donbass legitimised as Russian sovereign territory. Whether he truly would treat attacks on the Donbass the same as attacks on Russia-actual is yet to be seen, nonetheless creating that illusion is useful as an escalatory tactic or even just to create confusion.

But fundamentally, not 'beating' Russia too hard and allowing them to take some sort of 'win' is probably essential in the Ukraine strategy. I've said that from the beginning. If Ukraine started leathering Moscow, Western aid would dry up immediately. 

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Miss out the refresher course and that's about it. Straight to the fighting units.

Flights from Moscow are fully booked and neighbouring countries have said that they will not give sanctuary to fleeing conscripts. Apart from anything else they will struggle to equip, arm and feed them on the front lines. 

.....not give sanctuary to fleeing conscripts....what like we are doing with Ukrainian men?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saudi Arabian Crown Prince has secured the release of five British prisoners of war in Russia. On their way home now.

Well, that certainly came out of left field !

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Aiden Aslin (pictured) was captured alongside another Briton in June, and kept in detention by pro-Moscow separatists, before a court in the...

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Saudi Arabian Crown Prince has secured the release of five British prisoners of war in Russia. On their way home now.

Well, that certainly came out of left field !

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Aiden Aslin (pictured) was captured alongside another Briton in June, and kept in detention by pro-Moscow separatists, before a court in the...

Cheers.

Wonder what concessions were made and by who... Either Saudi saw an opportunity to take a step up the international hierarchy by taking leadership and conceded on aspects of their oil production strategy, or they were the arbitrator for the West and we conceded something more directly applicable to the Ukraine war effort. :hmm:

Saudi surely sees a huge opportunity here to take market share from Russia in energy markets.

Just now, Born Hunter said:

Wonder what concessions were made and by who... Either Saudi saw an opportunity to take a step up the international hierarchy by taking leadership and conceded on aspects of their oil production strategy, or they were the arbitrator for the West and we conceded something more directly applicable to the Ukraine war effort. :hmm:

Saudi surely sees a huge opportunity here to take market share from Russia in energy markets.

Knowing saudi princes as I do, maybe it's just as simple as thinking this might go some way to balancing the books concerning sawing up journalists ! ?? !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Knowing saudi princes as I do, maybe it's just as simple as thinking this might go some way to balancing the books concerning sawing up journalists ! ?? !

Cheers.

Was there ever much said about him and the assignation attempt on his life in vegas ?? 

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

No idea, mate ?

Cheers.

Wasn’t too sure if it was mainstream or not mate. Like anything else in life you get good people and bad people 

word on the street he’s  one of the  good people going around …. Time will tell ?

6 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

Wasn’t too sure if it was mainstream or not mate. Like anything else in life you get good people and bad people 

word on the street he’s  one of the  good people going around …. Time will tell ?

I've heard about it, but it's far to convoluted to believe if it's true or not.

Theres been saudi kings and princes killed by their own family, but in Saudi itself. 

If there really was an assassination attempt on MBS , I doubt it would have been attempted in America, to many different law enforcement agencies, it would probably have to happen in Saudi.

But any way, far , far above any pay grade I may have had .?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3