Russia Ukraine WW3

5 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Stop it richy, ya making me bloody hungry,  I was brought up on dripping butties. Ration book days, two strokes later, I'm. Still here, just about, I try watch my diet best I can, I'm. Watching four Richmond sausages festering in the frying pan at this very moment 

Even when we had left home and married, my brother and I used to call in at my mother's on a Sunday morning after the whippet racing or a bit of ferreting to get our bread dip in the roast joint fat and a cup of tea before we went to the pub ! Halcyon days !

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

Not much being reported in this yet. Could be interesting. Especially if China bring some of their new toys.

IRAN, China and Russia will join 10 other nations in Venezuela to take part in joint military operations in a defiant message to the "unipolar world order".

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

IRAN, China and Russia will join 10 other nations in Venezuela to take part in joint military operations in...

• Like 1

China is capable but tied to dollar , they'd have to clear a billion of their own people to be able to move forwards with Africa..

We are USA Australia UK and Canada....

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Borr said:

China is capable but tied to dollar , they'd have to clear a billion of their own people to be able to move forwards with Africa..

We are USA Australia UK and Canada....

China haven't won a real war in over 100 years. They haven't the spirit for it. Technology is one thing, but when it is boots on the ground those single sons, the Little Emporers, will disolve like rice paper.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Nicepix said:

China haven't won a real war in over 100 years. They haven't the spirit for it. Technology is one thing, but when it is boots on the ground those single sons, the Little Emporers, will disolve like rice paper.

It's true. The Chinese military is untested. I think they got into a fist fight with their Indian counterparts a year or so ago. But the real hurdles they have to clear is an aging population and dependence on imports and exports. They can't grow enough food to feed their people and they would be very susceptible to a blockade. 

Their navy while huge in number is limited in its range and ability to transport troops. So, their huge standing army. Is mostly useful for protecting the homeland. Which is good because only a lunatic would try to invade China. ?

10 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

It's true. The Chinese military is untested. I think they got into a fist fight with their Indian counterparts a year or so ago. But the real hurdles they have to clear is an aging population and dependence on imports and exports. They can't grow enough food to feed their people and they would be very susceptible to a blockade. 

Their navy while huge in number is limited in its range and ability to transport troops. So, their huge standing army. Is mostly useful for protecting the homeland. Which is good because only a lunatic would try to invade China. ?

On chinas border with India there agreed to have no guns,so they battle it out with fists an sticks apparently

• Like 1

Going off news etc China's threat comes in the form of tech , stealing it flooding it and infiltration of media and.politics , they have the numbers to overwhelm the west , Russia is bad enough.....

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Borr said:

Going off news etc China's threat comes in the form of tech , stealing it flooding it and infiltration of media and.politics , they have the numbers to overwhelm the west , Russia is bad enough.....

Is that really true though? And if so, for how long?

Demographics of China - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_China

Edited by Mickey Finn
49 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Is that really true though? And if so, for how long?

Demographics of China - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_China

In 1940 the Chinese population was around 500  million. Japan's was around 70 million yet they wiped the floor with the Chinese. And that was before tactical nukes.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Borr said:

Not sure what you're saying.

If you look at the age bars. There is a significant decline in population just after the 30yo mark. Their population is about to collapse, and they know it. Just as Russia, and most industrialized European countries know it.

Population pyramid of United Kingdom

The UK's is not completely hopeless though. :thumbs:

Edited by Mickey Finn
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

In 1940 the Chinese population was around 500  million. Japan's was around 70 million yet they wiped the floor with the Chinese. And that was before tactical nukes.

I'm almost feel sorry for China. 

13 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I don't think any of this is relevant to modern China, their money, tech and capabilities have changed , just because Russia was an anti climax don't think China is cut from the same cloth...

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3