Russia Ukraine WW3

Iv read that Ukraine has lost the war,putin is in control of East of ukraine,you wouldn't think it tho reading on here,I was thinking putins army was outdated with shit weapons,but here we are with putin getting whst he said he would,an quiteceasily after only a few months.

Whst will happen next?

• Haha 3

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Iv read that Ukraine has lost the war,putin is in control of East of ukraine,you wouldn't think it tho reading on here,I was thinking putins army was outdated with shit weapons,but here we are with putin getting whst he said he would,an quiteceasily after only a few months.

Whst will happen next?

@Borr

@Born Hunter

Is it not true then?

It looks like the Russians are getting bogged down in the east. They've taken a city but have been ejected from Snake Island.

The Ukrainians are regrouping to try and retake the city, so it could end up a latter day trench warfare.....retreat and advance, with the Russians not making much ground, but hitting cities with their superior missile systems.

Just my take on it, but I think the Russians have given up on taking all of Ukraine, and will try to consolidate their hold on the east and claim that's what they wanted all along.

Its not the blitzkrieg the Russians expected, now it's a war of attrition with both sides suffering huge losses in manpower and equipment, and in the Russians case, a loss off face as they don't seem to be the super power they thought they were.

Just my opinion on it, I'm no expert in international strategies or warfare ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Francie said:

@Borr

@Born Hunter

Is it not true then?

Well we're 130 odd days in , Putin relinquished snake island , was it last week, Ukrainians are over here getting trained up on latest weapons at present. Russia was only attempting to take eastern regions and although thought to be a world superpower, have only succeeded in strengthening western alliance's, massive NATO growth, all but destroyed russian economy. Probably alienated China. Russia is expected to take the east/Donbas they out number and have more tanks etc, I would hardly call it winning a war..... I think if Ukraine doesn't move forwards by autumn the west will be looking at either peace treaty and relinquishing land or going to war against Russia...

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Francie said:

@Borr

@Born Hunter

Is it not true then?

The stated objectives seemed to be 1) protect ethnic Russians 2) de-nazify Ukraine 3) demilitarise Ukraine. With several other non-stated objectives that are arguably the real reasons such as, deter NATO expansion, stop the placement of US Aegis ashore defence system in Ukraine, increase control of the Black sea, deter EU expansion, increase Russian geopolitical power, open up Crimea's water supply again etc.

They haven't yet taken the whole Donbas region. They withdrew from their northern front. They have withdrawn from Snake island which is of strategic importance in providing area denial for pushing further west on the coast. They have motivated Finland and Sweden to join NATO, set to dramatically increase the NATO-Russia border. European nations have increased defence spending. They have effectively up-armed Ukraine through military aid and driven nations that traditionally armed themselves with Soviet/Russian kit towards using Western kit.

I don't think any side has 'won'. Ukraine has lost territory and Russia has settled for a fraction of what they initially attempted to achieve, and in fact actually made objectives like NATO expansion and the military capable of Ukraine worse for themselves. And the war isn't even over yet. Western nations are now supplying Ukraine with new types of weapons needed for this new stage in the war.

Russia taking four months to achieve that, literally on their doorstep, is not quick by historical standards.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely I ain’t the only Cnut sick of hearing about it. Why can’t we just get suited and booted, go over an slap both sides an tell em to calm the fcuk down or we gonna start rebuilding the empire, starting with Russia this time?

Would it not pay to wait longer if nato was to go in? Russia would have less weapons, tank, ships and solders in another 4 week and even less 4 week later etc etc.

At some point I think it will happen anyway as the West will want the gas and oil as the rest of the world runs out.

Not buying Russian stock now could mean there supply last longer as the rest of the world burns up what they have..

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely I ain’t the only Cnut sick of hearing about it. Why can’t we just get suited and booted, go over an slap both sides an tell em to calm the fcuk down or we gonna start rebuilding the empire, starting with Russia this time?

Now you're talking - Sir Nige on the lead Challenger tank of a column of armour and air support, cutting a swathe through Europe, on a modern crusade heading north east to force civilisation on those lesser tribes :gunsmilie:

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Because there's billions to be made don,human life don't matter to the elite,were cannon fodder as you know,disposable according to the parasites.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

The stated objectives seemed to be 1) protect ethnic Russians 2) de-nazify Ukraine 3) demilitarise Ukraine. With several other non-stated objectives that are arguably the real reasons such as, deter NATO expansion, stop the placement of US Aegis ashore defence system in Ukraine, increase control of the Black sea, deter EU expansion, increase Russian geopolitical power, open up Crimea's water supply again etc.

They haven't yet taken the whole Donbas region. They withdrew from their northern front. They have withdrawn from Snake island which is of strategic importance in providing area denial for pushing further west on the coast. They have motivated Finland and Sweden to join NATO, set to dramatically increase the NATO-Russia border. European nations have increased defence spending. They have effectively up-armed Ukraine through military aid and driven nations that traditionally armed themselves with Soviet/Russian kit towards using Western kit.

I don't think any side has 'won'. Ukraine has lost territory and Russia has settled for a fraction of what they initially attempted to achieve, and in fact actually made objectives like NATO expansion and the military capable of Ukraine worse for themselves. And the war isn't even over yet. Western nations are now supplying Ukraine with new types of weapons needed for this new stage in the war.

Russia taking four months to achieve that, literally on their doorstep, is not quick by historical standards.

the ruble is up country’s including european countrys and some on the sly are opening banks in russia and paying for gas etc in rubles 

we’re suffering more than russia ? 

37 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the ruble is up country’s including european countrys and some on the sly are opening banks in russia and paying for gas etc in rubles 

we’re suffering more than russia ? 

How are we suffering?

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

How are we suffering?

fuel prices threw the roof gas petrol we don’t even get from russia ? 

everything increased food wise they need to get the money from somewhere to send the arms company’s billions been sent in weapons to ukraine 

all the while russia everything is cheaper food fuel then it was before the ruble is up 

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

fuel prices threw the roof gas petrol we don’t even get from russia ? 

everything increased food wise they need to get the money from somewhere to send the arms company’s billions been sent in weapons to ukraine 

all the while russia everything is cheaper food fuel then it was before the ruble is up 

Fuel prices have nothing to do with Russia. It’s about the only thing that hasn’t been sanctioned by those that actually need Russian oil.

Food isn’t cheaper in Russia. They’ve literally enacted price caps to control the spiralling cost. They might be self sufficient in grain production but that needs processing and for that they need to import materials which they are being restricted on.

The biggest hurt they’re feeling is loss of hardware and lack of components to rebuild tech of all kinds. Their component supply chains are heavily from the west.

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Fuel prices have nothing to do with Russia. It’s about the only thing that hasn’t been sanctioned by those that actually need Russian oil.

Food isn’t cheaper in Russia. They’ve literally enacted price caps to control the spiralling cost. They might be self sufficient in grain production but that needs processing and for that they need to import materials which they are being restricted on.

The biggest hurt they’re feeling is loss of hardware and lack of components to rebuild tech of all kinds. Their component supply chains are heavily from the west.

food and fuel prices have gone down in russia since we sanctioned them ? 

the ruble is doing the best it has in years 

of cause our fuel price increase has something to do with it we have to make money to buy weapons to send ukraine 

heavily from the west who get everythjng from china ? 

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3