Sea eagles death on south coast

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:
WWW.DORSETECHO.CO.UK

AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after two 'extremely rare' eagles were found dead - one of...

Find it quite sad really surely they can’t do that much harm?

Like all things people are lazy and take the easiest option all too often

• Like 1

Already looking for a crime before the autopsy is done, think these guardians of nature would do better looking why they went extinct in the first place and fix that before there main obsession of rewilding with alpha predators takes place, sad to see such a magnificent creature perish but could be as simple as starvation ??

• Like 10

Likely natural causes, i imagine the survival of 1st and 2nd year birds is pretty low.

I thought it a bit of an odd release area as the coast across from the isle is well populated, would have thought Devon and Cornwall or Wales would have had some suitable habitats but I expect they looked into the viability of the area. I'll hopefully will get some sightings at some point, would be a life tick for me.

When i think back to when i was a lad some of what have become almost mundane birds of today would have been unbelievable back then, things like spoonbills, Glossy ibis, Cranes, Red Kites etc but others have fallen into decline like the Corn Bunting, called from every wire when i was a lad, not heard one in 30 years now..

• Like 3

Poisoned (probably accidentally) would be my guess. Could have starved, but it’s not been a harsh winter and they can cover a huge area looking for prey/carrion. The image below shows how far 6 birds wandered from the Isle of Wight release site. Only seen a couple but quite some sight.

93672A88-8615-4E89-9AC2-75F80F700E1D.jpeg

Edited to add source: 

WWW.ROYDENNIS.ORG

Proactive wildlife management and innovative...

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...
On 10/02/2022 at 12:36, forest of dean redneck said:
WWW.DORSETECHO.CO.UK

AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after two 'extremely rare' eagles were found dead - one of...

Find it quite sad really surely they can’t do that much harm?

Try telling that to the sheep farmers in the west coast of Scotland 

41 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Try telling that to the sheep farmers in the west coast of Scotland 

Fukc em buy it from New Zealand! Build houses on the pasture, got lots of visitors to build houses for ! 

• Like 1

No way that has starved to death. The people behind this scheme are very careful about letting people know what these birds are feeding on. There has been one up my way in the peak district and it's been hammering the hares apparently.  Think they let that bit of info slip to be honest. They'll happily tell you every day that the eagles are feeding on cuttlefish in the Solent or eating carrion or vermin. These birds are all GPS tracked and the people behind the scenes know exactly what they're up to..

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

Maybe they will keep those fuking seagulls in check

bet our British seagulls f****d um...lol..

that's why there dead...coming over here taking food of our own English eagles 

• Haha 1