On the moles

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished farm happy farmer 57 moles had grandson today with me he loves been on farms

Checking traps today and Two albinos from the same field.  

Future catcher in the making. Will undercut the lot of us as well. 10 moles for a yogurt.  

Posted Images

I quoted a guy €300 for a mole job as I didn't want to travel so far. But he accepted the quote and paid me even though there was only one mole. He called again two years later and we did the same deal.

• Like 3

Any lads around Leeds I did a school field two months back put 4 traps in on the Friday had to pick them up the next day because care taker said kids play on field on Sundays anyway caught two moles and gave him the bill they still haven’t paid . Today he’s been leaving messages another mole hill popped up I won’t be going back just a heads up for any lads in that area / Calverly 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, james t said:

Any lads around Leeds I did a school field two months back put 4 traps in on the Friday had to pick them up the next day because care taker said kids play on field on Sundays anyway caught two moles and gave him the bill they still haven’t paid . Today he’s been leaving messages another mole hill popped up I won’t be going back just a heads up for any lads in that area / Calverly 

Only up road from me is calverly mate ?

6 minutes ago, james t said:

Sent them a bill twice now they haven’t replied hope them moles get busy on there field ?

Some pay end of month do a golf course that pay end of month when thay do there books could be same with school pal

36 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Some pay end of month do a golf course that pay end of month when thay do there books could be same with school pal

37 minutes ago, tank34 said:

no mate care taker said id get it within a week 

Care taker probably hasn't got a clue. Never known a school be able to pay same week, normally a month plus, longer for first job. Personally I'd phone school office and speak to em....fact he's messaged you suggests he hasn't a clue what's going on 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, james t said:

no mate care taker said id get it within a week 

I'd go see school have word , school I do I put purtangs in as kids play on field cut out traps in back fill put sod back in no markers ?

• Like 3

If you cut off the bottom of the clod, trimming the roots effectively, the clod will dry out quickly in dry weather and the grass will brown in a few days. You don't need a marker. It will be obvious where the trap site is, but the kids won't know.

If you have to mark the trap site in a public area it is better to put 3 or 4 spots of marker paint around the trap site, but not too close to it so it isn't obvious. 

Got 17 calls to make tomorrow and 18 on Tuesday. Only around half of them have traps in at this time of year. The others are just a walk round to check for any new activity. Hopefully there won't be any.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How ye getting on way them now tank? I walked out the farm job a while ago and I can’t deny it, I was a bit worried about making it, but I can honestly say I’m so glad I did ? took a few days off this week to go fishing, an then I’m fully booked rabbiting for next couple weeks before going back to the moles , happy days ?

Is the rabbiting paid work?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

How ye getting on way them now tank? I walked out the farm job a while ago and I can’t deny it, I was a bit worried about making it, but I can honestly say I’m so glad I did ? took a few days off this week to go fishing, an then I’m fully booked rabbiting for next couple weeks before going back to the moles , happy days ?

Been slow over summer golf course and  gardens jobs handed loads cards out so hope more work comes in nowt after this job so will get handing more cards out , glad it's worked out for you don keep at it  sounds like you be busy happy days pal ?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...