On the moles

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished farm happy farmer 57 moles had grandson today with me he loves been on farms

Checking traps today and Two albinos from the same field.  

Future catcher in the making. Will undercut the lot of us as well. 10 moles for a yogurt.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Katch, would you be surprised to know how much this quad moley boy, charged per farm, when he first appeared here, bout 5 year ago,......£250 !   no matter how 'black wi moles' ! , gives them a weeks attendance (still not sure if hes actually over the 5 days or 7,.......& I remember thinking then, how the f**k am I meant to compete with this now ! ? ?  lol

I've observed (when passing, before) he actually bangs all the traps down, over a couple of days (if bad) , & I reckon he picks up end of the week, in reality,....not checking in between, etc

5 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Katch, would you be surprised to know how much this quad moley boy, charged per farm, when he first appeared here, bout 5 year ago,......£250 !   no matter how 'black wi moles' ! , gives them a weeks attendance (still not sure if hes actually over the 5 days or 7,.......& I remember thinking then, how the f**k am I meant to compete with this now ! ? ?  lol

Me being me, text asked if alright to ring him, about something, now I know it wasn't my place, but a says "Allan, should you not be charging them more , mate,....the boys I'm aware of , further down South, etc, charge more than that " (& rightly so), it was as much for him, I said that,  (not just for me ! ??),.....as far as I'm aware now , he's at least £300, now  ?

9 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Me being me, text asked if alright to ring him, about something, now I know it wasn't my place, but a says "Allan, should you not be charging them more , mate,....the boys I'm aware of , further down South, etc, charge more than that " (& rightly so), it was as much for him, I said that,  (not just for me ! ??),.....as far as I'm aware now , he's at least £300, now  ?

Only actually talked too him in person once, like a ghost in the night, the c..t, lol but see all his markers, when he's around, can't miss them !  

Edited by earth-thrower
15 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Where would be the best place to buy genuine Talpex traps boys? I see earth thrower said he got a good deal on them a few pages back??

Uk purtangs suppliers think still waiting on delivery , don't think there genuine but as good mate ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Uk putange was doing them for 6.50 or summat daft but can’t do it no more the supply has dried up, think they nearer a tenner now but would have to ask again to be sure, there’s none just now tho either an they are waiting both them an a talpex type that is meant to be as close as Damn it to the talpex but I can’t comment as not tried one yet. Lodi are doing a similar one aswell. It’s the best of a bad bunch iv tried so far when compared to a talpex, but again i only grabbed the one off a mate to try an it’s only been a few weeks an a few moles but it seem to be doing the job, not used it in real claggy soil yet tho an that’s when the extra spring power in talpex comes into its own imho, but anyways haha I’m sure that the lads at putange site will match anywhere else ( when they get stock In ) ?

What's price on Lodi talpax don are thay as good as UK purtangs ones thay had ?

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I didn’t get a chance to hold one the putange lads knew mate an only got one Lodi one here, not sure on price but Matt a decent sort an will sort you without robbing you if you need em, might be resorting to getting a few myself to see me through if needs a must 

Am ok at moment have 30 talpax just could do with 30 more will wait see what uk purtangs get in when delivery lands mate ?

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do you know if they got putange or anything in yet? 

Thinks just purtangs marker an spades did see post this month rest was coming been a delay on shopping mate 

15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Hope they getting more genuine ones in again, I’ll be paying the extra I think, atleast for a box or 2. 

i just opened my last box a tunnel traps this morn an set them after I popped in golf course, that’s me down to what I got in back of car an iv got another 2 gardens to look at today an the phone ain’t even started ringing yet ☹️ Hopefully they get some soon 

How many traps are you using atm?

I do like the genuine Talpex for the spring strength you need that extra punch in our gritty moorland soil.

• Like 1

? Hi, fellow Talpa Hunters,..

Due to a bout of extreme laziness,..? I am cutting down my workload...and,.. I have a lot of nice, used Traps for sale ?

Some Talpex and plenty of lovely Putange...all working perfectly and to be priced , sensibly, for keen lads...

Just off to London on business, but I'll sort out a list when I return,...if I return...?

All the best, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1