On the moles

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m run off me feet with garden jobs but just been asked to clear a coulke farms before they get first silage cut in about 4 weeks, cnuts have left it late as grass is getting long, thinking bout doing garden an contract jobs only after this year, farms are become a pain in hole tbh 

But they are big money and the season isn't that long. Make hay while the sun shines ?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished farm happy farmer 57 moles had grandson today with me he loves been on farms

Checking traps today and Two albinos from the same field.  

Future catcher in the making. Will undercut the lot of us as well. 10 moles for a yogurt.  

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got few contracts on them, golf courses, rugby pitches an tennis courts, few parish councils an I often have to tell a garden job it take me a few days tk get to them unless it’s on me route as I that busy with them, an I usually get a few in summer aswell to be fair no it’s not all bad, I like a mix but like iv said it’s a pain in arse when farmers know they need it done but don’t call you an book in early on but leave it till silage is half way up your leg am them decide they want it done, an cos ye know them ye feel obliged to do it ☹️? just a bit of a rant tbh but I’ll get Over it ?

I know what you mean some don't want to spend the money until they have to. Leave them this year and tell them book earlier next year. Snooze you lose,lol.

Sounds like your well set up mate. ?

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 1

Just two today in purtangs 20220316_130104.jpg.c27fbdd56afbd1c15cc8ae498af81517.jpg20220316_130409.jpg.cee52bd68c784f581f52b9c9047ed82f.jpg20220316_130840.jpg.3fb4720e59b83caf97a14867e9f15a14.jpg from small farm , farm we're mole trapping started for me farmer pasted away his wife runs farm now so like to keep on top of moles one less thing for her to worrie about ?

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Picked up 45 yesterday and 39 today and still setting up tomorrow. 

20220401_172454.jpg

20220402_183819.jpg

& that lot won't be breeding now, that's for sure !   One of the biggest concerns with this game, is keeping it sustainable. Do you get to visit your farms, estates , etc, every year, or if you do too good a job, do you do yourself out of one, the following season, etc ?  I find it varies  ?

18 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

& that lot won't be breeding now, that's for sure !   One of the biggest concerns with this game, is keeping it sustainable. Do you get to visit your farms, estates , etc, every year, or if you do too good a job, do you do yourself out of one, the following season, etc ?  I find it varies  ?

Picked up another 23 today on same ground, thats 107 in last 3 days. I ran out of traps today, just borrowed another 100 off a mate. Thats just three fields. The numbers will go down a good bit but more farms that haven't been trapped for 20 plus years will come along!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Picked up another 23 today on same ground, thats 107 in last 3 days. I ran out of traps today, just borrowed another 100 off a mate. Thats just three fields. The numbers will go down a good bit but more farms that haven't been trapped for 20 plus years will come along!

That's true, right enough, other opportunities do come along , & you can make your own, too, sometimes, I've found.

• Like 1
On 04/04/2022 at 20:47, earth-thrower said:

'Offering courses'...  (surprise , surprise ! ??)

Alan Jones he dose the course for mole trapping , don done the course what people say is thay catch more mole an less traps out , hopping to book it myself soon ,  uk purtangs supplies been sold on most of my traps from Paul when he had it , good traps for price an mole spade he done are good bit of kit to have cut out nice tunnel fits in snug , not had there flat bottom tunnel yet but rest are spot on ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Flat bottom catch as well as any others ?

I have pest stop tunnel great traps there flat bottom an l  have done my flatpack tunnel flattered bottles out ?

On 04/04/2022 at 20:47, earth-thrower said:

'Offering courses'...  (surprise , surprise ! ??)

Like your man Jeff nichols?

ji hear he doesn’t really catch moles anymore as he makes his money through courses these days

take it up with Jeff when the buckys worn off