On the moles

14 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

They get plenty of subsidies!

Aye, it's all changing now though, that we are out of Europe. Some new grants (England) a heard, might be geared towards , environmental/conservation, as a requirement ?  (maybe moles will be preserved in future ? ?)

Edited by earth-thrower

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished farm happy farmer 57 moles had grandson today with me he loves been on farms

Checking traps today and Two albinos from the same field.  

Future catcher in the making. Will undercut the lot of us as well. 10 moles for a yogurt.  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

They get plenty of subsidies!

Tell you, increasing trend up here, is to convert farmland over to tree planting, now ?,...not good, (try reverting that back in future ! ) Grants must be good for it, at the moment ? Quite a few are participating in it now 

Edited by earth-thrower
1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

Tell you, increasing trend up here, is to convert farmland over to tree planting, now ?,...not good, (try reverting that back in future ! ) Grants must be good for it, at the moment ? Quite a few are participating in it now 

& forestry companies paying the most per acre, for any ground, up for sale

8 hours ago, tank34 said:

Farm done 97 moles happy farmer golf course next happy days ? 20220314_085848.jpg.97080bb2e33419e1ec757e35f1ca35a3.jpg20220314_085119.jpg.3a5d216e8cb1318fec99dd51f13573c9.jpg

Top man a good haul well done!

Picked up 56 today and 26 yesterday on a farm that was just in a couple of fields. Done 2 other jobs earlier for same farmer and got more to do . Its boiling with them on there, the farm hasn't been done for over 20 years. Had a total so far on his ground of 264 moles and we still have a lot to do and there are stacks of them on parts that they won't bother with, like really rough areas.They want to get on top of them now, so happy days!

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Top man a good haul well done!

Picked up 56 today and 26 yesterday on a farm that was just in a couple of fields. Done 2 other jobs earlier for same farmer and got more to do . Its boiling with them on there, the farm hasn't been done for over 20 years. Had a total so far on his ground of 264 moles and we still have a lot to do and there are stacks of them on parts that they won't bother with, like really rough areas.They want to get on top of them now, so happy days!

Thanks pal , got golf course to do an bit on small farm then see what comes in , some good numbers your getting well done most I done on one farm was 165 moles ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Thanks pal , got golf course to do an bit on small farm then see what comes in , some good numbers your getting well done most I done on one farm was 165 moles ?

Thats a good haul!

It seems to be a busy year for the moles, long may it continue. I'm sure that you'll get more phone calls in the near future, keep at it!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m run off me feet with garden jobs but just been asked to clear a coulke farms before they get first silage cut in about 4 weeks, cnuts have left it late as grass is getting long, thinking bout doing garden an contract jobs only after this year, farms are become a pain in hole tbh 

What part of country do you trap pal ?