SC.... Taking a lovely shape to her now mate ? 

Had my youngster out Friday night, ain't been on the lamp many times this season, just ferreting and day running. Picked half a dozen could of had more that she missed. She's only got 1 gear at the minute.... FECKIN FLAT OUT ? ? 

30 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Thought I should probably have a go at a couple of rabbits with her. Like an endangered species here ? first one she was all over like a rash but a bit over excited and it made cover, the second one she ran like a pro, had it out of cover a few times, struck and lifted it but cartwheeled into the hedge and lost it. Third time lucky .... she ran it well, picked it up, killed it ? put it down again and then thought she’s better retrieve it. 

Considering she’s never seen a lamp or run a rabbit before, I was pleased. 

9605F3CF-2378-48BF-B64F-5568D52A91BC.jpeg

Nice one mate

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Thought I should probably have a go at a couple of rabbits with her. Like an endangered species here ? first one she was all over like a rash but a bit over excited and it made cover, the second one she ran like a pro, had it out of cover a few times, struck and lifted it but cartwheeled into the hedge and lost it. Third time lucky .... she ran it well, picked it up, killed it ? put it down again and then thought she’s better retrieve it. 

Nowt beats catching there 1st.

She looks like she can shift. You're going to have some fun with her.

How old is she now? if I remember right she js just a touch older than my pup. He just turned 8 month old.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Nowt beats catching there 1st.

She looks like she can shift. You're going to have some fun with her.

How old is she now? if I remember right she js just a touch older than my pup. He just turned 8 month old.

She’s about 9.5 months I think mate. So far I’m very pleased with her. She is the sharpest dog I’ve had for her age. Has made four solo catches and two doubled up so far whilst out on walks. A very hard and driven bitch. Was good to see her turning and running on a couple of rabbits, she impressed me, extremely quick, running aggressively, crashing cover etc. Downside is I worry she isn’t going to make old bones, came back last night one stopper pad ripped off etc.

3 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

How big is she now? 

37 minutes ago, TOMO said:

what dogs that then.....what happened to the saluki cross out of razor?

That’s the niece to my old white bull x bitch. Been on here a few times as a pup I think. 

Saluki thing is going really well now, but on three legs at the moment. This is his first season and he has done most things I would expect of him when he’s fully mature, so excited for next season. 

B100B03E-DC2E-49F7-8CCB-D7F2149E25DA.jpeg

• Like 5
5 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

She’s about 9.5 months I think mate. So far I’m very pleased with her. She is the sharpest dog I’ve had for her age. Has made four solo catches and two doubled up so far whilst out on walks. A very hard and driven bitch. Was good to see her turning and running on a couple of rabbits, she impressed me, extremely quick, running aggressively, crashing cover etc. Downside is I worry she isn’t going to make old bones, came back last night one stopper pad ripped off etc.

Glad she going well. 

I'd rather them be like how you've said than be shy and take an age to get going